New camp stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New camp stove

The family got me a new stove for Father's Day. It is a Camp Chef EX-60LW with 2 30,000 BTU burners. Very pumped to get this. Can't wait to try it out. Have never had a stove before. Borrowed one last year and the previous trips we used a grill and the camp fire. This stove will sure makes things convenient. Won't go away from cooking over a fire completely but this will be nice.

Re: New camp stove

Oh yeah!
    You must have passed the "Dad test" with excellent marks this year.
    Never used it but saw a couple on the campground last year with one and he was positively beaming.
    Would wuvvvvv to camp next to you and yours particularly for fast hot water in the morn.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by in-tents View Post
      The family got me a new stove for Father's Day. It is a Camp Chef EX-60LW with 2 30,000 BTU burners. Very pumped to get this. Can't wait to try it out. Have never had a stove before. Borrowed one last year and the previous trips we used a grill and the camp fire. This stove will sure makes things convenient. Won't go away from cooking over a fire completely but this will be nice.
      I have the same one. It is nice.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

...Going to force me to look up a pic, I see...

Congrats, looks nice!

Enjoy!
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Ground tents work best for me, so far.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I guess my home-made alcohol stove just doesn't make the grade :-D
          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
            I guess my home-made alcohol stove just doesn't make the grade :-D
            Tough to use a cast iron pan on the alchol stove.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Yeah, but I can cook grits with it :-)
              2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Lol....that would be strike two.
                – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                  Oh yeah!
                  You must have passed the "Dad test" with excellent marks this year.
                  Never used it but saw a couple on the campground last year with one and he was positively beaming.
                  Would wuvvvvv to camp next to you and yours particularly for fast hot water in the morn.
                  Fast hot water in the morning...the Mrs. will be happy....she loves her coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
                    ...Going to force me to look up a pic, I see...

Congrats, looks nice!

Enjoy!
                    I know, was excited about posting this and thought about a pic later but that's the one. Thank you

Comment

I'm sure they available at other places, but Bed Bath and Beyond has a real nice square griddle that will fit that stove quite nicely. Coffee and bacon and eggs going at the same time!

Comment

Nice! I've got the 3 burner one on my list.

Comment

Working...
                        X