Best air mattress/bed for 4 man tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best air mattress/bed for 4 man tent

Hey everyone! I have a Coleman 4 man tent and have gone through air mattress after air mattress!! Any ideas on the BEST queen air mattress/bed for my tent. Between the Mr. and myself, it needs to hold 400 pounds.

Thanks!
    MedTech

Re: Best air mattress/bed for 4 man tent

Have you considered a cot? This one is good to 550 lbs

https://www.amazon.com/Kamp-Rite-FC3.../dp/B004M0YY0G

or, two individual cots. A few here have the cot I use which is the Coleman with the support springs and a mattress. Coleman makes a 30x80 version with a 300 lbs weight limit , and the one I have is the Ridgeline which is a bit smaller, but I can attest to the comfort level. It is good for up to 225 lbs.
    Last edited by actad; 06-29-2016, 07:42 PM.
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Get a pair of MegaMat or Thermarest self-inflating pads in your choice of thickness. Add couplet banding straps to keep them together and place them on the ground inside your tent. This will get you the most sleeping comfort without having to bring piles of extra insulation to overcome the problems of cots and air mattresses outside of the heat of summer: If it doesn't come with an R-Value of 5.0 or better, don't bet on happy outcome. There really aren't any easy solutions to this age-old problem.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Try a separate air mattress for each of you. I've been using Coleman for years with good luck.

Comment

If you have the room to store them in your house, the Kamp-Rite self inflating pads seem to get favorable reviews. The only downside seems to be the storage - they are best stored unrolled so they don't break down the inner foam. That's the only reason I don't own one. I want the double or a queen, but don't have a place to store them.

Comment

Working...
          X