Ghost Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Stories

I have never seen anything while spending time outdoors but was curious if anyone else had. I have seen/heard things that I cannot explain in my childhood house. And not just me but others as well as that house has a pretty good history of ghost stories. But I can't ever remember anyone telling me that they have seen a ghost while spending time outdoors.

So.....what say you all? Do you have any (true) ghost stories to share?:gasp:

I was going to wait until it was closer to Halloween to make this thread but I am impatient.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: Ghost Stories

Not seen but heard; we used to camp in the gultches at the confluence of the Tarryall and South Platte. this area was extensively used during the 1800s and early 1900s by folks looking for placer gold. and there are still quite a few remains of old camps...
    I used to wheel in a couple of days early to assure that we got the primo spots...
    One day while alone (no one in the whole valley; I looked hard to make sure) I kept hearing the sound of digging; a #2 sand shovel in gravel makes a relatively distinctive sound. I followed it as far as I could then it seemed to loose its directionality but was loudest near the "workings" close to the tip of the isthmus where the Tarryall and the South Platte actually meet.

Camped there and other sites in the area many times, only heard this once...

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 08-09-2016, 06:33 AM.
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Not exactly a ghost story, I think, but I was camped in a pretty remote area (I hiked in) and woke up to find the imprints of street (dress) shoes all over my campsite. There was no road access anywhere close...to this day I still wonder about it.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
        Not exactly a ghost story, I think, but I was camped in a pretty remote area (I hiked in) and woke up to find the imprints of street (dress) shoes all over my campsite. There was no road access anywhere close...to this day I still wonder about it.
        That is pretty creepy and I am going to count it.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

...This one is a little Ghosty; I found an orb (center of pic) in one of the tent pics from this past weekend (labor day 2016)... heard about them but this is the first one that I have had in a pic or video...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0251.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	70626

Enjoy!
          Last edited by Happy Joe; 09-05-2016, 08:11 AM.
          2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
          For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
          Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Internal lens reflection.

Comment

Caused by a ghost

– E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by james. View Post
                caused by a ghost
                ok

Comment

Yep! I suspected something of the sort but I have seen many lens flares and non looked quite like this... I suspected something to do with the light from the lamp but other pics with the same lamp show nothing... I'm going to mark it down as simply odd (likely not supernatural)...

... even if (possibly?) cause by a spirit...

Enjoy!

Comment

Not camping but I took my 12/13 year old niece and her friend (and friend's mom) to a haunted hotel. The kids were using my camera all day and at one point went to their room to get candy. They left the camera with the mom. When they came back down, they found photos that they didn't take. They asked the mom, but she didn't take them either.

That night, my niece heard loud growling coming through the wall of the room. Then she saw a light that would just sit up in the corner of the room and then swoosh or disappear. She also heard a woman talking in the hallway.

They saw lots of orbs in their photos also.

It's not my fault they didn't ask me if I took any photos with MY camera. It's not my fault the guy in the room next door snored. It's not my fault the walls were thin and she heard a guest in the hallway. It's not my fault they were taking photos of the lights - because apparently according to real ghosthunters the only way to get an orb in an image is to have a light in the image...

It could possibly be my fault that I was playing with my flashlight that night and the door to the girl's room was slightly open. I might also be my fault that I climbed out my window and onto the balcony and scratched the window to their room a few times...
                    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

No ghost but scary, a couple years ago when I was in high school ,ok it was late 70s early 80s me and couple of my friends camped most every weekend. This night we were about 2 miles from any house sitting around the fire listing to an old battery powered 8track tape player. Between songs we heard a little snap and looking up I saw two eyes looking at us, watched it walk just outside of the light never heard another sound then it was gone.

Comment

"It could possibly be my fault that I was playing with my flashlight that night and the door to the girl's room was slightly open. I might also be my fault that I climbed out my window and onto the balcony and scratched the window to their room a few times..."

I've been known to "hear" animals outside the tent when camping with young children....

Comment

I guess this would be a good place to say that I was looking for replica human skulls on Amazon today. Got a few lightweights in our camping gang.

Then there was this shot from my last trip

Last edited by MacGyver; 09-14-2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                            I guess this would be a good place to say that I was looking for replica human skulls on Amazon today. Got a few lightweights in our camping gang.

Then there was this shot from my last trip

[Picture to be restored later as I evidently used a crappy picture host]
                            You can get great skulls from Bones Clones https://boneclones.com/category/path...=1&pageSize=30
                            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
                              You can get great skulls from Bones Clones https://boneclones.com/category/path...=1&pageSize=30
                              Umm... wow! That's a very cool site. But I'm not quite sure I feel like dropping $300 just to scare a couple of people once. I was ruling out the $80 skulls on Amazon!

Comment

Working...
                              X