Podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Podcasts

Last year I started listening to podcasts. I have a couple that I subscribe to, including a backpacking podcast and I was wondering if anyone had some camping podcasts that they would like to recommend....or any other good ones.

The ones that I subscribe to are:

Local Sports shows here in Arizona, Burns & Gambo and Bickley & Marotta. Because I am a big Cardinals fan and with the podcast it doesn't have commercials and I can skip over the subjects I don't like. The only down side is I have to wait a day to download them.

The Adam and Dr. Drew Show. I used to get the old Loveline episodes but they took them down. This is the next best thing.

The First 40 Miles. I really like this one. It is geared toward new backpackers. It is a little cheesy but the couple that make it seem like nice honest people. And the stuff they talk about seems legit.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: Podcasts

I always listen to Gun Talk. BPL had a podcast going once, but it went by the wayside.
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

My favorite is The Survival Podcast. A lot of the information can be applied to hiking, camping, etc.

SW
      "Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

http://www.stillnesswilderness.com

Comment

Making a playlist from this thread so keep 'em coming.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

There was one called "Happy Camper Radio". I haven't listened to a podcast in a long time so I don't know if it is still around. I just looked it up on Stitcher, it's still active.

Another one I listened to was The Dirtbag Diaries, some very good story telling and the producers are really good at putting things together.

Comment

Working...
          X