I am outta here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am outta here....

Man, when it comes to leaving early I fail. I was supposed to be gone yesterday morning but ended up going to work like an idiot. Right now even my dog is chomping at the bit to get out of here.

Have fun everyone and enjoy your weekend.:yipi:
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: I am outta here....

Silly bear!

Get out! Get out! Get out! :party:
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Well I hope that everyone who could did get out this weekend. I'm doing exactly what I thought I'd be doing today: watching the Sunday news shows. Closest I'll get to the great outdoors this weekend ? Viewing the otters of Yellowstone, LOL:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/nature-otters/
      Last edited by NYCgrrl; 09-04-2016, 09:17 AM.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I hope you made it!

We forego holiday weekends and do other things instead to avoid the frenzy of most campgrounds. We are having a relaxing weekend helping our daughter move
        - Laura
        Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
          Well I hope that everyone who could did get out this weekend. I'm doing exactly what I thought I'd be doing today: watching the Sunday news shows. Closest I'll get to the great outdoors this weekend ? Viewing the otters of Yellowstone, LOL:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/nature-otters/
          Retiring opens op a whole new calendar. I can't wait until I'm like my mother and make special phone calls to find out if it's Monday or Thursday:he:.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

My camping week is postponed until October... which works too.
            2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
              I hope you made it!

We forego holiday weekends and do other things instead to avoid the frenzy of most campgrounds. We are having a relaxing weekend helping our daughter move
              We made it (my dog and I) and I am so glad I did. I almost didn't for fear of the crowds and while I had to drive around a bit looking for a spot remote enough and nice enough it was more a matter of me being insanely picky than over crowded...and in the end I found a great spot near the end of the road.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20160904_082619.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	70629
              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
              – E. B. White

Comment

Looks like a great view! What state/area is that in?

SW
                "Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

http://www.stillnesswilderness.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness Wilderness View Post
                  Looks like a great view! What state/area is that in?

SW
                  Aztec Peak in The Tonto National Forest in Arizona. It is rapidly becoming my favorite place for camping. Thick forest and just a couple hours away.
                  – E. B. White

Comment

Nice, but someone looks like he's ready for a hike - I hope you took him....
                    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
                      Nice, but someone looks like he's ready for a hike - I hope you took him....
                      Her and yes I did. A couple actually. She was very well behaved. I normally let her off leash and call her back and put her on her leash if we get close to anyone because she is normally not a friendly dog. But this trip I almost though she would have let people pet her.
                      – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                      X