The Fenn Treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fenn Treasure

I cannot believe that this hasn't been posted here before but I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything, so.....

Are any of you looking for the Fenn Treasure? Back in 2009-2010, Forrest Fenn, an 85-year-old millionaire, former Vietnam fighter pilot, self-taught archaeologist, and successful art dealer in New Mexico, presented the world with a mystery. He published an autobiography, in which he disclosed that there was a chest, hidden somewhere in New Mexico that contains (at that time) $1.5 Million worth of gold, jewels and artifacts, and he provided a cryptic poem full of clues to lead one lucky person to the box.

It has yet to be found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenn_treasure

Suposedly this is the most in depth site for the treasure:
    http://dalneitzel.com/

and finally Forest Fenn's web page:
    http://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/t...-resource-page
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: The Fenn Treasure

I hadn't heard of this. I'll check it out!
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I remember seeing it in the news, and reading about it. It's a very interesting, and uplifting story. I'd love someday, to read the book, study the poem, and give it a go. I think the journey alone would be a rewarding experience, treasure or not!

David

Comment

Probably an old guy with a sense of humor who figured it'd be a great joke to still mess with people after he's gone.

Comment

I rarely get that far south... haven't been even to the 4 corners region in years...
          Fairly warmish in the summer...

Enjoy!
          2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
          For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
          Ground tents work best for me, so far.
          Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by astrowolf67 View Post
            I remember seeing it in the news, and reading about it. It's a very interesting, and uplifting story. I'd love someday, to read the book, study the poem, and give it a go. I think the journey alone would be a rewarding experience, treasure or not!

David
            Supposedly this was his goal. To get people to experience and enjoy the outdoors.

Probably didn't hurt his book sales either
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if there really isn't a buried treasure. So many treasures supposedly out there (Oak Island, Sierra Madre, etc.), that have never been found. Nice way to be remembered though.
              “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Working...
              X