New Years resolutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years resolutions?

I started back at the gym Monday to get ahead start....plus I watched Crazy Stupid Love and Ryan Gosling with his shirt off shamed me.

Anyone else planning some resolutions?
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: New Years resolutions?

I've stopped with New Year's resolutions. They've never been successful and they tend to cost a lot of money.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I don't make them either. I tried a few back in my younger days and found I rarely kept them so now I just don't make them.

Comment

My mom always said, don't make new years resolutions...make resolutions. Why wait until Jan. 1st to start improving? I agree with that. If you are waiting for new years you are really just stalling. That being said a new years resolution is better than nothing.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

I'm going to open a bar called Resolutions. It'll have exercise equipment for the first two weeks, then turn into a bar for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
            I'm going to open a bar called Resolutions. It'll have exercise equipment for the first two weeks, then turn into a bar for the rest of the year.
            Now that is true genius!
            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
              This might be the best idea I have ever heard.
              – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                My mom always said, don't make new years resolutions...make resolutions. Why wait until Jan. 1st to start improving? I agree with that. If you are waiting for new years you are really just stalling. That being said a new years resolution is better than nothing.
                That's close to my logic. I don't make resolutions, I make changes. And they are not dependent upon a certain time of year and based on guilt - they are based on commitment.

Comment

What's playing in ma brain's soundtrack whilst watching early morn yoga shows.....

Oops
                  2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                  Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

My resolution is not to make resolutions any more..
                    ...OOPs! already broke it!

Happy New Year!
                    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Working...
                    X