UnderGround Quilts Winter Dream Hammock Tarp - video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnderGround Quilts Winter Dream Hammock Tarp - video

There isn't a separate hammock camping section, so I'm posting this hammock tarp video here instead.

I just received my new custom hammock tarp from UnderGround Quilts (based out of Jackson, Michigan) and made a short video on my ordering experience, initial set up with details, and the color purple haze.

I ordered a Winter Dream 13 foot tarp with end pole mods in purple haze.

Re: UnderGround Quilts Winter Dream Hammock Tarp - video

Nice video about a nice setup. But the damn Ravens fans here killed the color purple for me. I used to wear black and purple a LOT - but I will not be mistaken for a Ravens fan EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
      Nice video about a nice setup. But the damn Ravens fans here killed the color purple for me. I used to wear black and purple a LOT - but I will not be mistaken for a Ravens fan EVER!

A while ago I was looking for some running shoes and went to Roadrunner Sports because they will put you on a treadmill to find out what shoes are best for you. Turns out the shoes that are best for me are the seahawks colors. I told the girl that I wasn't going to wear those shoes and did they have them in another color, preferably red. She looked at me dumbfounded and said, "What are you, a girl?" I said, "No, I am a Cardinals fan and I wouldn't be caught dead in seahawks colors."
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Someone suggested purple with yellow edging. I thought..... purple & yellow? Minnesota Vikings colors? HELL NO!

So, I totally understand the need to have colors you are comfortable with.

Comment

Nice video and tarp. It's a deep purple. My wife would love it (she has a purple quilt from EE).

I think there is something to "comfortable" colors. With no offense to Karla (I am making a home team assumption here based on locality).....but I grew up in NW Indiana (bears territory) and I cringe when I see a green and yellow combo. My son has a Mountain Hardware sleeping bag....a beautiful green fabric outside....and then they paired it with a yellow interior. What? I would use my wife's purple quilt before I used that "packers" bag! Of course, it doesn't help that my buddy/neighbor across the street for the last 15 years are WI natives (Wausau) and huge packer fans. All I hear is Favre this and Rodgers that....blah blah blah...lololololol. All in good fun...I'm a Colts fan now....but I still have a childhood soft spot for da bears.

I wish I could get by with darker team colors (like a purple and black). Do you know how hard it is to remove salsa/chili/etc stains from a Royal Blue and White jersey???
          2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
          Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
          Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
          Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X