FB group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB group

The folks who run the freecampsites website also have a FB group. It is one of the better ones I have found: Free Camping, Boondocking, and Public Lands
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Re: FB group

I don't know about anyone else, but I kind of like the anonymity of the online forums. I won't join both a forum and it's partner Facebook page. In the past, I've made friends on the forums where I've shared my real name and other (somewhat) personal information, but that's at my discretion.

Comment

I'm technically not even on FB (I have an account that is used to PM two very specific people and I post nothing to it and no one else knows it). I've never liked the concept of sharing everything with everyone and despite the privacy settings, etc., the purpose of FB is to share everything.

I will say that from what I've seen of FB, there really isn't any discussion. It's mostly about making a statement and getting validation. I much prefer forums like this where people do more than say " you go girl!" or "aren't you clever" in response.
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

You go, girl!

Comment

Aren't you clever!
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
            Aren't you clever!
            Every once in a while.

Comment

There is actually discussion there :-P I wasn't a real person on FB until somebody snitched on me.
              2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

I am on a really great tent camping adventures group on FB. Very little drama.
                - Laura
                Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
                X