Very cool vintage camping pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cool vintage camping pictures

My favorites are the one from 1868 and camping with luggage.
    https://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf...s_michiga.html
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Re: Very cool vintage camping pictures

I stopped and smiled at the one with the 1960 Valiant station wagon. My first car was a '66 Valiant 4-door sedan.

Comment

That is a sweet looking Valiant. I like seeing the old campers. Saw some cool ones on the road last week. This was my favorite https://happiercamper.com
      I like the retro look.

Comment

Looking good; I have a collection of vintage camping pics on my screen saver; Unfortunately I have no idea whether they are copyrighted or not; so I dare not post them...

Enjoy!
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Ground tents work best for me, so far.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

In the older ones, it doesn't look like the women are really having fun. I suspect their experience while "camping" wasn't much different from their life at home - cook with fire, clean up after the men and children, etc. Whereas the men got away from their "work" ( whether farming, business, etc.), and got to hunt and fish instead.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

After a Quick search fer are some off google;

Note What appears to be a light bulb in the sapling...

Click image for larger version

Name:	aafa0f9805bc24db6bf35d96bfaf49c3--camping-magazine-camping-stuff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	71054

Here's one form a R. C. Andrews expedition;

Enjoy!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Happy Joe; 07-13-2018, 06:08 AM.
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Working...
            X