Motorcycle camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle camping

Way back in the 1900s, in the days of my misspent (sort of) youth, we rode and roamed all over N Az on our motorcycles, camping, seeing the sights, exploring dirt roads, seeing historical sights, seeking new camp spots and such. Hard rain was about the only thing that really discouraged us, dirt roads turn to mud roads in the rain, not much fun on a motorcycle.

I stopped riding long ago, but recently have began to be interested again. Long story, but Ive always liked the older Harleys, my favorite I rode the longest was a 1947. I recently saw a '49 that sparked my interest. I quickly realized that vintage was out of my price range, but, I came across a nice 1984 that I like and has potential. Due to an injury, I wasnt sure if riding (or stopping) was doable, besides having a full time-go everywhere dog, so,....sidecar. Ive got the urge again, to ride and camp with a bike and sidecar. Whos riding and camping?

The adventure rider forum has some epic ride reports, some long, some shorter. Its helped fuel the interest. I'm not going to do a 3 month trip across mongolia, south america or the middle east, but tooling around the mountain west and southwest is within reach. Is anyone here doing any motorcycle camping? Show us some pictures! Tell stories!
    Last edited by Malamute; 09-20-2018, 09:26 PM.
Working...
X