Les Stroud book :Survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Stroud book :Survive

Just picked up Les Stroud's (Survivorman) book Survive today.
    Not really anticipating having to use any techniques in there on how to survive, but I am sure there will be plenty of other stuff that can apply quite nicely to camping......
    I will post anything that I find neat.

Originally posted by ontariocamper View Post
    Just picked up Les Stroud's (Survivorman) book Survive today.
    Not really anticipating having to use any techniques in there on how to survive, but I am sure there will be plenty of other stuff that can apply quite nicely to camping......
    I will post anything that I find neat.
    He's the one that got me to think about camping again!

I forgot how fun it was even though it was more on a controlled setting compaired to Les's show.
    My cooking site!

Comment

I love watching the SuvivorMan shows! I was considering getting his survival book, but what do you think of it?

Comment

It has a lot of useful information in it.......some of it is based on the assumption that you will have some of the needed items on hand already....ie matches or lighter to start your survival fire.
        But some also tells you how to make do with what you have right there and then.
        It is the kind of book to take along with you on an extended mountaineering trip for instance........ready to refer to when the unexpected happens.

Should you buy it?.........yes.

Comment

Originally posted by ontariocamper View Post
          It has a lot of useful information in it.......some of it is based on the assumption that you will have some of the needed items on hand already....ie matches or lighter to start your survival fire.
          But some also tells you how to make do with what you have right there and then.
          It is the kind of book to take along with you on an extended mountaineering trip for instance........ready to refer to when the unexpected happens.

Should you buy it?.........yes.

I really like Survivorman! Much better than Man vs Wild (that guy is nuts!)
          Has anybody seen the "Out of the Wild" series on Discovery channel Tuesday at 10 PM? Really interesting--it shows how much work it is to survive, and how surviving really wears down your body and mind.

Comment

Howdy,
            We have chosen not to have a tv. But I will read the book. I bought it through Amazon and I got to Amazon through this site. Thanks for sharing and informing us.
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
            X