Question about state parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about state parks

My family and I are trying to find a campground in Oregon to spend a week at. I have done some searching, and it seems that all the info that I can find is very limited, and mainly for State Parks.

Any one have some good tips on where to stay, maybe which sites to stay away from? We are looking to stay in between the Cannon Beach area and Astoria. How are State Parks? Do they normally have flush toilets, showers? Or do they vary from park to park?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Howdy rumbles,

Welcome to the best camping boards around! We certainly hope your stay with us will be a long & happy journey!

Go down to the Where to go section and find the sub-forum "Northwest". There you will see a great link I believe that will answer almost all of your questions. That link is: http://www.oregon.com.

We have camped there when my children were growing up, but haven't been back there since the early 1990s. Just a great big beautiful state!
    Hope this link helps? Thanks again for joining campingforums.com.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hello,

First post here. I live on the Oregon coast, a little farther south than you are looking to camp but there are some fabulous state parks where you're looking to stay. As a matter of fact Oregon State Parks are consistently rated among the "best" in the country. Check out our largest state park - Fort Stevens, up by the mouth of the Columbia River; a little farther south and much more secluded and private is Oswald West State Park (tent only here). There are few private campgrounds that specifically cater to tent campers on the coast. On the central/South coast and in the Siuslaw National Forest you may find a few dispersed campsites (primative). As you travel inland into the Cascades and high desert you'll easily find National Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management Developed and Dispersed Campsites.

Be prepared and have your reservations lined up well in advance, as these parks fill-up quickly. My wife and I decided a couple of weeks ago to head into central Oregon for a high desert get-away; we didn't get in our first choice state park (no reservations, just thought we'd "wing-it.") We settled for another popular state park a little farther north and it turned out to be a great weekend in spite of the first hick-up.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X