Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small motorcycle

Maybe something like this

Anyone have any information on a used unit like this. It doesn't have to be this exact one or even the same brand.

I think this would be a fun asset to our pop-up trailer. It would be great for running up to the showers or even over to the general store to pick up something.

Plus I think my 6 year old would really did it. I would love to get him into riding.
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

This bike, and those in it's size cl**** are very small for adults. For the younger kids, it would be fun - but I would be worried of letting them motor around a busy campground - due to other traffic.
    For a good general purpose carry-along, you might look into a 150cc scooter for yourself and the wife. Great for grocery runs, legal for the occasional road run to get 'stuff'.
    I do the occasional motorcycle road/camping trip - but that's a whole different ballgame! :cool:
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I have upgraded my want list now. I want a Yamaha 450 and a little 70 for the boys. :D
      JohnJohn
      ---------
      Forum Admin

Comment

That sounds like a good option! You and the wife could ride two-up around the campground, and the boys will quickly grow into the 70cc.

Comment

Wanting a couple of bikes

Howdy,

I got to say gentlemen, is that all you think about is how to make more noise? In a couple of days I'll show you what bikes we have and take when we camp, and they are not of the noisy type. Nothing wrong with bikes, personally, mind you, it's just at a camp site some people want peace and quite. It's like that generator sitting outside of an RV. If I had a nickel for every camper with an RV that moved next to me after I got there first, say fella why don't you put that generator inside your RV so us out in tent land could have some peace and quiet? No offense is intended it is when I hear engines in a camp site I get an itch to crank up the sounds on my boom box!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Actually, no more noise than any other vehicle in camp. We arrive during dayllight, and setup camp. We value quiet too. Most MC's these days aren't 'loud' - young squids on their crotch-rockets excepted of course. :D But they aren't the camping type.

But, that is one reason I prefer the MC-only campgrounds - no flack from non-riders - there aren't any!

My bike is quiet enough, I can slip it up into the trees where a 4X4 can't go, cover it with a green tarp, set up my camo bivytent - and NOBODY knows I'm there. 'Stealth camping'!
            Blessed silence and pure nature.

I find that during the day at the big State Campgrounds, with all the kids and young folks running and yelling - a bike is hardly noticed at all!
            At night, we are snoozing to get ready for the next day's ride. Me being in my fifties, I am NOT a night owl at all. :cool:

Comment

Working...
            X