Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone doing for the winter semester ( season?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone doing for the winter semester ( season?)

Hi gang, I just wanted to know what's everyone up to for the winter when it comes? For me I'm still going to college but I'll be taking college classes online at home. And I will be relaxing.

And I'm going to try to be more active here, You guys & gals are some of the nicest people I've met on the net so far. And that's saying a lot specially from me.
    My cooking site!

I have my big MLK holiday weekend motorcycle camping/riding outing coming in January - we lost our option on the local YMCA Campground (used for the last four years) as the organization is selling the property. Found a new site, closer to my home but further for some buddies. We will not have the amenities we were used to, but should have a good time if it doesn't get too chilly. We won't have any enclosed buildings this time, for our socializing, cooking and wrenching.

I hope to do some lonewolf camping before and after that event too, and maybe a campout or two with a buddy.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Thanks a heap for all the nice compliments Chef...Thanksgiving weekend has us camping to Gunlock State Park in Utah for kayaking and plugging for bass. Then a seasonal party here for my bride's doctor associates and their families(that's alot of work) and then we are camping again near Sedona Arizona for a week over Christmas. We don't know anyone there but fell in love with the place two years ago! A return visit when the "Tent Only Campground" will be empty will be enjoyable. Then more camping in 2010 just don't know where...probably Lake Mojave. Winters here are mild. My oldest son flies down to help a friend at a hotel here for New Years and it's always good to see him and to spend New Years eating fine food at a nice venue. We cherish our New Year's get-aways!
      Thanks for asking!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

My goal is to get outside more this winter. I've planned out several activities that I laid out in one my blog posts. With it starting to get dark at 4pm, it is very easy to get seasonal depression. I would like to plan a winter campout in the Wisconsin cold, but I just haven't got to that point yet. Maybe next winter. For now, I'm focusing on my outdoor activities and my indoor projects. For indoor projects, I've got my blog, I might be starting up a photoblog as well, and I just recently started helping a local Boy Scout troop. I hear the Almanac predicts a particularily harsh winter so I've gotta make sure I have things planned to keep me busy.
        -Adam
        www.GetOutandGoCamping.com

Comment

Very cool everyone, By the way Adam, to get rid of the seasonal depression is to learn something you know you can learn.

That's what I do.
          My cooking site!

Comment

Working...
          X