summer update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer update

Hey gang, I've been in the hospital for about 4 weeks all together, and I've got on the heart transplant list. And I should be waiting about a year if not sooner for my new heart.

This is why I've been abscent from the boards.
    My cooking site!

Hope all is well? That you're doing fine waiting. Are you staying up north until after your new heart? Keep us posted, chef! Thanks for staying in-touch!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Sending prayers and wishing the best for you!
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Thanks guys, VDF I don't have the new heart yet, just got on the list 2 day's and I'm waiting for a new heart. Hopefully with this up and coming heart cath they will say Yes you are an A1 status instead of a b1 status which I am currently at.

They had me on a ivy drip called Milerone and if I did better with that ivy drip on then I will be bumped up too a1 status.

And thank you BigDog means a lot from you guys.
        My cooking site!

Comment

Going car camping hopefully this comming weekend if the temp don't drop...

Can my brother and my self go car camping with 2 packs and 1 small tent from target???
          My cooking site!

Comment

CC, I don't see why not. Might get kinda 'cozy' though.

Temps are getting better here too. Be camping time very soon!

Comment

I'd also make sure you've got plenty warm clothes and a wool blankets too. Those handy hand warmers are also a great idea to have. Also make sure your sleeping bag is rated for your cold weather. If you bag is rated for 20 degrees above zero and the temps drop to 10 degrees above zero, then your bag isn't warm enough. If you are taking a lightweight three season tent...it will be chilly to down right cold. Take a sleeping pad at least to provide some insulation between the cold ground and your sleeping bag. Eat lots of high protein foods and drink lots of water or hot beverages. Dress in layers and keep dry. That is the most important thing to do! And the other important thing to do is to have fun! Good luck!!! Stay safe! Stay Warm!

Comment

Greetings fellow campers and close friends.

I got really really good news on my heart situation, I'm not going to have a transplant for years to come ( possible never ).

The doctors fixed me up to the point that I'm finally an average man and I can do stuff the now that the rest of you took for granted. My heart doc gave me a go ahead to even resume Fencing ( I took 2 lessons when I was a kid and I really couldn't do it, but now I have the strength and power with new medications, and monthly doctor visit's. ( too much good news to to put here ) some of you who I dubbed as close and decent friends I will pm you my number and tell you guys over the phone ( if interested ).
                My cooking site!

Comment

Great news! NOT going into surgery is always better if an alternative can work. With the Good Lords blessing, you'll be cooking and camping for many years to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
                    Great news! NOT going into surgery is always better if an alternative can work. With the Good Lords blessing, you'll be cooking and camping for many years to come!
                    Thanks BigDog,

My heart doc gave me the go ahead to get back into Fencing ( with swords ) I'm so very excited and my confedients got majorly boosted because I feel like a normal man, which I haven't felt like that ever since the age of 21!

It's an awesome feeling,
                    My cooking site!

Comment

That is great news Chef! Yippee! :D:D:D

Comment

Working...
                      X