Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calville Bay, Lake Mead NRA, NV

Howdy,
    The water level is down nearly 180 feet from full. I saw it full back in 1980. People are not flocking here like they use too. It is still February but there is always some activity going on. Usually we have our tandem kayak out there, but this year I bought a 350Z for my bride's Valentine's Day and she lets me drive it on weekends on fun roads. This is one of those fun roads, Northshore Drive. It goes from Boulder City north to Overton, NV about 80 miles, two-lane curvy road.

Lake Mead is really a huge lake. There are five separate basins that contain the Colorado River here in Nevada/Arizona. Boulder Basin which most tourists see. Overton Basin, which Calville Bay is apart of. Virgin Basin, which is accessed only by rugged three 4x4 roads. Bonelli Basin and Gregg's Basin. The last two basins are our favorite areas and very remote. After Gregg's Basin the Colorado River cuts through the Grand Canyon for 270 miles of which only 1/10 is seen from the NPS points on the north & south rims. Anyway thanks for looking!

Calville Bay, Lake Mead National Recreation Area(NRA), NV

Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

looks like you had a lot of fun, Brent.
    My cooking site!

Comment

Nice! I wish I could take your car for a spin!
      My Other Interest

Comment

Thanks for the nice words Silver and Chef!

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
          Thanks for the nice words Silver and Chef!
          How ever that doesn't look like a jeep, Brent?

:P
          My cooking site!

Comment

What we did Derek was...we sold the 2005 Honda Civic & 2004 Crysler Sebring Convertible for the Nissan 350Z. We had three vehicles now we only have two.

The jeep(Grand Cherokee) we still own and now that's what I drive during the week and Desertrose drives the 350Z. When we move...in the near future to either Sacramento or Reno we only want to have two cars instead of three.:D

Thanks for asking! What's up with your truck purchase or is everything waiting for you to get healthier?

Comment

Working...
            X