Reno By Cracky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno By Cracky!

First I want to thank everyone fer followin' Reno or Bust. Reckon it's wore out so here's a new thread to follow...I'll up load pics when I get-around-to-it but I don't have one of them things yet either. Anyway, heres new photos. Yep, we are movin' there, so thar ya go! Lake Tahoe is 30 minutes away to the south of Reno...that is about the same distance that Mt. Charleston was to Las Vegas...I think y'all agree, Reno is a better move! Dang-it, it's beautiful!!

Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-18-2010, 06:08 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Nice shots! I didn't know Reno got snow!
    Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

Comment

Yep, a week before we started the move Reno got 24" in two days but in five days it was all melted! I think I'll like that! I'm told that most storms get hung-up in the Sierra and the weather guessers are wrong 95% of the time! HaHa! Thanks for asking!

Comment

Some mighty beautiful territory! I'll have to get out west some time before I pass.......
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Sounds like a road trip is in your thoughts, Lance! Ye have to stop in Reno too and speed up to see Eaglebait in Oregon! Since now you camp via covered wagon and canoe there's plenty land for anyone to see! I wish I had seen Reno earlier in my life I'd already be there. Thanks fer your nice comments BD!

Comment

Update

This week is furniture moving week! 17'-U-Haul one way to Reno. Gotta run. New campers welcome...it won't be long till I'm camping again!

It's only 448 miles distance between Reno & Las Vegas, but it's two lane and one goes through a number of very small towns with speed limits of 25mph. The local cops got nothing better to do than patrol the outskirts of these burgs looking for speeders. The names of the small towns are: Indian Springs, Cactus Springs, Death Valley Junction, Beatty, Goldfield, Tonapah, Mina, Lunning, Hawthorn, Lobster Crossing, Yerington, Silver Springs, Mound House, Carson City(state capitol), Reno! It takes 8 hours at 70 mph. It's very boring desert trip and so far I have done 5 trips in two weeks!
            Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-22-2010, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Just an update everyone!

Furniture move today & tomorrow up to Reno & back in two days. I'll be off-line two days starting as soon as this post is submitted. 450 miles one way.

Welcome all the new campateers! Moving this machine to Reno. Next week March 30-31 I'll be back in Vegas securing the house here which is now being leased out by Remax. If you want to see photos of my camping exploits or photos of our house in Vegas just check out my photo albums in the membership section of the forum. Hopefully I will be back on line by April 1st or 2nd. Thank you all for your support and well wishes...we're finally moving to a more normal type of life. Las Vegas is like a city unto itself and we are happy to leave...just wish I was camping instead! Remember if you're a registered camper here(a campateer) you too can create your own photo albums of where you have been camping and what you do with your lives!

If you are just reading this for the very first time, sign up today to join camping forums dot com! We all camp differently but the core of campers here are tent campers and if you're one of them diehards we certainly would be proud to ask you to join! Then after you join you could join another sub group here which I call: Generator Haters Club! If you hate generators no matter how quiet they are suppose to purr and love the sounds of the woods where you camp then this sub-group might just be fun for you. Hey, thanks for looking anyway and enjoy camping chat when you're not camping! Get camping!

Campateer Philosophy: Every campout is just practice for the next campout!

Comment

So, will you become "RenoDesertFox"? :D

Comment

glad you are finishing the move. great pics!!!!
                  maybe he will just be mountainfox
                  2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
                  2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
                  I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Can't changw my username, I'll still be vdf! But I'm on desertrose's machine and she ain't lookin! There plenty on new campateers that need answers so help them out I still a movin', by cracky and I love it! Vdf is just a username anyway, feel free to call me Brent or Coop if you want! Coop is what I went with in the Army and all through my working life! It'll work! Help the new guys out!

Comment

Will do, Coop!

Comment

Coop here! Thanks BD! Furniture is here and so is my upright Grand Piano it's a 2008 Young & Chang. Our little house in Reno is almost complete, Tonight I'm flying back to Vegas to get my beloved jeep and my computer and all my tools in a 4x8 trailer. I'll be back to Reno either late Wednesday or Thursday. It's gonna take a longer time driving back up cause I promised myself I'd get some photos of a couple of ghost towns that we've drivin' through. Goldfield and Lobster Crossing is two towns where I'm gonna spend some time shootin'! Reno is a beautiful little town and we are actually closer to Lake Tahoe than we were to Lake Mead when we were in Vegas. And as aside note we already have a renter for our home in Vegas and he's signed a two-year lease. We are very pleased with ReMax. And with all the major improvements we put into our Las Vegas home it's been rented out in less than two weeks! Amazing!! Thanks for looking and the well-wishing! We really appreciate it!

Comment

well the name lobster crossing seemed worthy of a look up.
                          here is a link to the story
                          http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2010...past/#comments
                          if VDF get pics of it i hope they are as interesting as the story
                          I am not lost, I am here

Comment

Goldfield, nevada seems to be a haunting place.
                            http://www.legendsofamerica.com/NV-GoldfieldHotel.html

VDF always finds interesting stuff.
                            I am not lost, I am here

Comment

And, you may occasionally see something "odd" fly overhead at night.......

How close are ya to Area 51...?

Comment

Working...
                              X