More snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More snow

We got some more snow today. Paper said around 10". So I talked the kids into helping me build a snowman. They were reluctant but when they figured out I was going all in they were glad they were in on it. Here is our finished guys...

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2746.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	72477

The one on the right is about 9' tall with hockey pucks for eyes. We didn't finish the one on the left. In the background on the right is my snowshark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2742.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	72478

Hard to believe it is supposed to be up in the 50s tomorrow.

WT
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Re: More snow

Those are great. Love the shark!
    May you always have love to share,
    Health to spare
    And friends that care.

Comment

Thanks.... sad part is, late that night, someone went out in a 4x4 and ran them all over. It was a snow slaughter.... a hit and run. The kids were upset, they wanted to take better pictures that next day.

WT
      "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Comment

Frosty shall have his revenge next year!... place small boulders in the middle of each section next time, hahahahah....
        Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

I kinda figured the 6' fence pickets would damage their truck. Or maybe the packed snow itself... it took 4 of us to lift the second section up. We used the ladder as a ramp for the second snowman and it bent my ladder. And actually, we were talking about that at work today... maybe a concrete bollard in the center...LOL.

WT

Comment

I love the bollard idea!

Life is a verb.

Comment

That would be some serious revenge. Funny to everyone except the person who hit the ballard.

Comment

Yep. That would learn them to drive through someone else's property. I think if I were going to put boulders or bollards in my snowmen, I might put up a "Warning" sign, because people like to sue these days.

Life is a verb.

Comment

I wouldn't really do anything like that, I had already thought about the being sued over it. I did though look to see if they might have done any damage to the truck though. The middle section of our big snowman took 4 of us to lift up in place. I know it had to weight around 250. We were standing on top of them and they were packed really good. Told my wife that I figured if they hit them hard enough head on, they prolly wouldn't have a radiator anymore...LOL.

WT

Comment

I'm from Indiana, and one of the things I miss is that first snow of the year that actually sticks. What I don't miss are the second through last. Once you have to shovel it out of necessity rather than building snowmen, it sucks rapidly.
                    Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

I kinda like that part about Texas. No one is required to shovel the snow. I used a flat blade shovel to clear of a portion of the back patio just hoping the dogs wouldnt track in as much, but I don't shovel the front. We shut down here, schools close, the city closes, most business will be shut down, and the snow will be gone by the next day...LOL.

WT

Comment

I would be good with three feet of snow between right this moment and 20 minutes from now when I walk outside to shoot my bow. I really miss snow. I might be about the only one in town able to get around in it, but that's ok.

Life is a verb.

Comment

I've never seen 3' of snow. I heard stories about digging tunnels in the yard and building forts for snowball fights. Step father was from Iowa. That always sounded like fun.

WT

Comment

In 1978 in Indiana, we had a HUGE blizzard. A lot of people got snowed in. After shovelling the walk, we had two 8 foot snow piles in the front yard. We made a couple really cool snow forts out of them. They lasted pretty much all winter. Fun times.

My GF and I are talking about possibly moving to Denver CO or somewhere near there after she gets out of school next year. We have to check out a lot of things there, like gun laws, religious contacts (she is Wiccan and I am Buddhist), and other issues.
                            I am sure Denver gets plenty of snow.
                            Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Denver doesn't get quite as much snow as you might think. I will shoot you a PM about Colorado, Shadow. I used to live there.

I remember digging tunnels and building "igloos" as a child in New York. We would also get a lot of snow in Wichita, KS.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Working...
                              X