Glaucoma Eye Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glaucoma Eye Surgery

Howdy.....I have had the blinding diease of Glaucoma in my right eye since 1980. 85% blind in my right eye. Today I'm having eye surgery at 2 PM Mountain Time. Won't be on much here after that for today! With glasses I have 20/20 in my left eye thats good cuz that's my dominant side! Today is also my 60th Birthday so happy birthday to me! Thanks for looking!:(
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Glaucoma Eye Surgery

Happy Birthday, and good luck with the surgery! I'm surprised that you don't have a hundred similar well wishes, because you've been such a great part of this site, from my admittedly limited experience. But you've sort of hidden your post, so maybe people didn't notice it.

I'll be looking for your return to the forum, and take care of yourself.
    Joyce

Comment

Thank you Joyous & Hogsnapper! Eye surgery lasted 45 seconds, just laser beams shot into my right eye. The doctor said it was successful and the eye pressure has been arrested. Everything is fine! Thanks!

Comment

Glad to hear it went well. Can you see out of it now?

Mac

Comment

Happy Birthday, RDF!! And best of luck on the eye surgery. The docs have gotten pretty good at that type of work these last few years.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Hey thanks all, Mr. Mac, the Dawg, HS & Joyous, eye surgery was 45 second long. Glaucoma is stopped. I can see to drive still and photograph! No problems! Thanks for your concerns!

Comment

RDF: just saw your post...HAPPY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY...glad the surgery went well...
              keep well and Prayers/Blessings for continued good health...

Comment

Thanks TNONMYMIND but living in the great state of Texas!

Comment

glad the eye surgery went well and Happy Birthday....
                  2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
                  2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
                  I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                    Thanks TNONMYMIND but living in the great state of Texas!
                    Yeah, it WAS the great state when I first got here almost 30 years ago, but not so much now...Way too hot and dry
                    for me, and I definitely miss the hills and trees, that's why TN is On My Mind alot these days...so much so that I'm hopeing
                    to move there this next spring(2013)...keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers that it WILL happen...either that or we'll just
                    live on the road, tent camping all over the lower 48...
                    Last edited by TNONMYMIND; 08-09-2012, 05:58 PM. Reason: added aditional thought

Comment

maybe you can tour the lower 48 and end up in TN, like having your cake and eating it .
                      2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
                      2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
                      I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Thanks JP!

Comment

Good luck and I hope you will recover well. You should take care of some important things . To get to know about them click it eyesurgerynew.com/eye-surgery/post-eye-surgery-care-tips

Comment

Thank you Chistie for your concern. I have had Glaucoma in the right eye since 1982. The procedure went very smoothly and the progression of the disease has been stopped. However I still have certain eye drops which I will to continue to take until my dying breath if I want to maintain eyesight. I didn't want this disease but have it anyway. Once again thank you for your concern but I'm fine really I am! Mornings & evenings I repeat drops and before retiring for the night a special stronger dose of another medicine. Too bad you didn't read my history from 2006 here on CF as well, lost my ability to walk but with the help of my strong-willed bride, we went tent camping anyway. Wheelchair bound until 2009 when I had major back surgery to fuse and repair spinal cord. Today, I can at walk without the aid of any sort, though I still keep the cane close by. And I'm still tent camping!

Comment

Working...
                            X