What is up with this weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chile Chef - Just a Reminder

The summer solstice heralds the beginning of summer. The timing of the solstice depends on when the Sun reaches its farthest point north of the equator. In temperate regions, we notice that the Sun is higher in the sky throughout the day, and its rays strike Earth at a more direct angle, causing the efficient warming we call summer.

Hope you get to go camping soon
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Summer hit The Old South early this year....... :rolleyes:

A buddy reports the 'deer flies' (aka 'yellow flies' - ghastly little biters!) are as thick as... well.... flies out in the woods just now. They usually come out earlier and are gone by now. They chew right through DEET, and put any skeeter to shame! Then on the coast we have those wicked little 'no-see-ums'......

Not a comfortable time for local camping just now. Late autumn to early spring is our prime camping season here.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

rain rain go away

I feel your pain! I'm in Florida and it has been raining for about two months straight! the sun comes out maybe half a day and then it's pouring again. I guess it just gonna be one of those summers! :(

Comment

Can't Shovel Sunshine!

Howdy Sandy & BD down in Florida,

Sorry to hear about all the rain you'all being having. :( Here it's the opposite. Middle of July, our Monsoon Season(humidity from Mexico up the baja) in southern Nevada is right on time but it has been mostly rain in the mountains. In the valley here just clouds, heat(113 degrees) and don't laugh but the humidity has finally gotten up to 37% so it looks like rain but never raining on the desert floor. It's when its this hot here we go camping in the mountains of central Nevada, Arizona, Utah or the Sierra Nevadas' up in Kalifornia, but this year recovering from anterior/posterior lumbar fusion, I'm really happy I got that surgery done. The spine had a deep curve in it that was applying pressure to the major nerve bundle that controled all of my functions below the belt. Those ugly vericose veins have disappeared, muscle tone has returned. I'm now wearing 5 lb ankle belts around each to continue to strengthen my legs. I have begun to lift weights again, no serious weight yet, just beginning again. Hope the weather for you guys brightens up a bit.
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

The last couple days have been amazing! Rain last weekend, but Monday and Tuesday have been much cooler and drier. 61 degrees in Tally this morning (Tuesday), and beautiful! Unfortunately, I am very busy at work, so can't camp! ARRGGHHH....! :eek:

Only hitting the low 90's in the afternoons. Wish I had this week off!
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

BD,
              glad to hear it is cooler. Thursday morning we are heading to Orlando to visit son., we have been cool since Saturday morning (68), Sunday(58). It does get up in the low 90's during the day but humidity is lower.
              sorry to hear you cannot go camping but glad to hear you are busy at work.

JP
              2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
              2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
              I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

I'm glad that surgery worked out for you! Wow that is some serious humidity in your area and to thought I had it bad!!!

Comment

Working...
                X