Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless-Steel Press Coffee Pot

Howdy,
    Who doesn't love a good cup of coffee when camping? Well we do and we have always had trouble finding a reliable coffee pot to take camping that will last and last for years. To combat that situation we have relied on making "Americanos" in the morning with a small stainless-steel expresso maker and then adding hot water to the espresso to tone down the coffee. Well, with this new press pot: Bodum Columbia 8-cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press Pot, we have our coffee prayers answered. It wasn't in-expensive, it was $78.95 through Amazon and had listed at $107.00. Sure it's expensive, but you get what you pay for and we even have the kind of coffee pot too that requires boiling the water. Who says one has to suffer when camping, we try very hard not to! The last photo is our coffee cozy and we found that separately at Wal-mart for a couple of bucks. It really helps to keep coffee hot when it's chilly outside. And if you're outside I hope you are camping or at least working on your rig! Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 11-09-2009, 02:03 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

That's a great looking coffee pot! It does look like it will take a beating.

Comment

Well I have found with Foldgers coffee singles that camp coffee is not all that hard. Of course Foldgers is what they supply at work so it is what I am used to. If you have a little more gourmet taste it might not suffice. But boiling water and then adding what is essentially a tea bag is so fool proof even I can do it. Of course I would still love to try and get a decent pot and do some other. But hard to when the singles are so stinking easy.

Comment

I'm not picky - in the boonies I use the Folger's Coffee Singles or even instant. They make little 'single-serving' packets of Folger's Coffee Crystals now, that is not bad when it's frigid and you crave something hot!
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

However, good friends...just as you may not be picky about your coffee, I am. We like to buy beans and grind them ourselves and until this posting I spent a half an hour or so measuring and grinding beans in an electric grinder, placing the coffee in airtight lock-n-locks and then packing them away in the camping drawers that fit the field kitchen, for each and every camping trip. Now with this hand-grinder pictured below, we'll be able to grind coffee beans downrange. We both love coffee made from fresh coffee beans and have always found that the specfic packets of pre-measured coffee is just too weak for our needs. I also think that my love of expresso also has something to do with liking a strong coffee flavor. The grinder was also purchased through amazon with the link through from this site.
          btw: I do like instant coffee in the field, but my desertrose detests it.
          Last edited by renodesertfox; 11-15-2009, 11:54 AM.
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
            We both love coffee made from fresh coffee beans and have always found that the specfic packets of pre-measured coffee is just too weak for our needs. I also think that my love of expresso also has something to do with liking a strong coffee flavor.
            Susan and I roast green beans and then grind them as we need them. When we travel/backpack we take fresh ground and each have our own french press mug to boot.

Backpackers we are, but there are still those treats on the trail we insist on having. A small Dove Dark Chocolate bar each night and that mug of fresh coffee for breakfast! Oh, wadda life some of have to live:D
            Chuck
            So. Oregon
            TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
            TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
            SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
            X