Another Peek Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Peek Inside

Here's another peek inside our Kodiak Canvas Wall Tent 9x12. It is just how we do campin'. Thanks for lookin' and comments good-bad-indifferent are always welcomed.

Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

The blue area you see above the ceiling of the Kodiak is an old blue tarp that I string over the tent for it's rain-fly. The Camo one we ordered hasn't arrived yet and it's 12x 30. Also the side panels around our covered entrance are also blue tarps, just waiting on the camo ones to come in. Then she'll look much better! Man, that blue tarp really makes ya stand out in the woods. All in good time! Rome wasn't built in a day!:D

Comment

Very, very nice. Looks good and compfy as well. I really like that tent and came close to getting it but "settled" on the Big Agnes BH6 w/vestibule. No complaints at all and I experienced a very funny story involving a Springbar Canvas tent this weekend. I will share it in my thread so as not to tinkle all over your thread.

I certaintly cant reccomend anything because you have some of the same type gear I have. :D I hope to post some pics along with a review of Smokemont C.G. within the next couple of days. Thanks for sharing your pics of your rig. I am always tweaking my setup and really like looking at others ideas. When I see an idea I like, I steal it and my family thinks I am a genius...

Comment

"Camo tarps"..... I LOVE it! Down here, I am the "camo guy". My new Eureka tent coming is bright YELLOW! Talk about 'standing out'! I will definitely need to work up a camo cover for it........
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Nice stuff. Not excactly portable but I bet it sure is comfy!:D
          PT

Comment

RDF is "campin' large!" Nice setup.

Love that cooking rig!

Comment

Hey Dawg...since you got a van now you can get a Big Gas Grill....It's really nice and three burners gets food cooked fast!:D

Comment

Why the tarp over the tent? To make it even cooler inside during daylight hours? The scale of the gear is extended-length stays, for sure...on a hunch, I contacted AAA, and they stated that if you add a "kiddie pool" and you can get a 3-diamond rating! :D
                “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I'll get it jest fer you, pard!:eek: We use for weekend getaways too...it's camping best with the most comfort at 58 years on Saturday! And I'm a 100% disabled vet...last year I was camping out of a wheel-chair. Now I don't need a cane!
                  Last edited by renodesertfox; 08-03-2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I could have lived without the toilet shot.
                    JohnJohn
                    ---------
                    Forum Admin

Comment

RDF follows the sage advice of the great Southern Cavalry General, Nathan Bedford Forest - "Get thar fustest with the mostest!" :D

Comment

And Desert Rose says now you're also a great historian too!

Comment

Working...
                        X