Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential Camping Gear

Howdy:

A butler's helper and old fashioned cork screw with foil cutter. Rubber stoppers, too.:D Also I cleaned up the kitchen where we prepare a lot of ingredients before we go camping. My bride thinks I whacking-out for showing the world our kitchen, but that is where I spend plenty of time getting ready to camp. And JohnJohn says that if you can relate it to camping show it.

Double oven in the wall is on the right, the microwave doubles as a convection oven, so it was now or never. The refrig doesn't match but that's it. Tomorrow is going to be crazy. Just thought I'd share.
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 11-26-2008, 02:26 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Ah! A wine connesieur...! :D
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Essential Camp gear

Howdy Bigdog,

I also believe in Evan Williams whiskey, guess I forgot the jigger!:D

Comment

I never go anywhere without my Leatherman, but I can't say I've ever tried to open a wine bottle with it

Comment

I've never had any use for the little curly thing on my Swiss Army Knife - I'm not a wine drinker. BUT.... I do like a wee dram of Drambouie now and again.
          A Scottish friend introduced me to it, and it appeals to my Celtic roots.

Comment

Essential camping gear

Howdy Scrib,

I carry a leatherman also, good tool! I don't think its for wine bottles though. I've been busy adding to food receipes below, do you got any good ones?

Comment

I sure do, but I'm going to have to spend some time writing them down. Most of our camping recipes are just in our heads - lol!

Comment

So far, my camping cookery has been of the "hydrate and heat the Mountain House" variety - but I have been collecting recipes - I'm adding y'alls recipes to my folder too! Gotta try some one of these days.

Comment

Essential Camping

Howdy BD,

Thanks, for the vote of confidence. You know I have seen plenty of cookbooks on camping and I do not own any of them. I just take receipes that have been past down from my pops or my wife's family and now my son's "French Cooking School" and apply them to my style of camping. Of course, a little money is invested in cast-iron and it does weigh a little bit, but with that trailer you're working on, maybe you'll have room for more iron! Home cooking is done best when camping!

Comment

Working...
                  X