Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Near Las Vegas

Howdy,

Mt. Wilson 7070' is in the Red Rock Canyon Conservation Area and we just had a couple of winter storms roll through so we are not camping now but hope you like the photo. Comments are always welcomed here, please add your 2 cents, it's worth it to me!
    Attached Files
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Great pic! Glad I didn't get stuck in your airport this week, though.

Comment

global warming my butt!!!

If Vegas is covered in snow I dont see the polar caps melting anytime soon

Comment

Time for you to try winter camping!!

The tents and sleeping bags are expensive but peace and quite is priceless

Comment

Winter Near Vegas

Howdy Scrib,
          If you had shot me a pm I could have bought you an espresso? Maybe next time, savy!

Comment

Great shot! Love the thick mist - we see that high in the Smoky Mountains - weird when you are looking DOWN on clouds!

Still warmish and foggy in the mornings here. Supposed to rain Sunday, then get cold - low thirties they say. Cold for us in Florida! :D

My buddy here at work is driving up to Pa. Saturday to visit family - weather up that way is looking pretty bad - ice, snow, freezing rain!
            Glad it ain't me...... :rolleyes:
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Oh, I would have BC - but we were there a couple weeks ago and I think you guys were still in AZ. We were only there for a Saturday, anyway - had a bunch of family come in from OR and WA for a birthday party. I'm proud to say that operation "look like you're putting money in the machine until you get the free drink" was successful!

Comment

Winter Near Vegas

Howdy Scrib,
                See I told you ya don't have to gamble to get a free drink. I'm glad my words weren't wasted, maybe next time, further on up the road!

Comment

Winter Near Vegas

Howdy Lance(or BD),

Get ready the cold is coming your way, you are further south than I but from momma nature you can not hide! We have postponed our trip to Lake Isabella, probably go back to Temple Bar of two days only and then jeepin' with the Nevada Backroaders to the Excelsior Mine in the Kingston Mtn range just south of Death Valley on 1-17-08. Sounds like it'll be a hoot!

Comment

Great picture Desertfox, I enlarged it a bit so we could all enjoy it a bit more...

Bill, Kelly and the boys

1968 Apache tent trailer

Comment

Winter in Vegas

Howdy THC,
                      That's fine! Thanks for upgrading it! I don't mind at all!

Hey JohnJohn,
                      When is Chef4life gonna get activated, man you are slow, I know he works weekends but this is not feeding my ego! THC helped some but couldn't you have done more?
                      Last edited by renodesertfox; 12-20-2008, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Winter near Las Vegas

Howdy Chef4 life,

You finely made it here! Took some time! Welcome to the boards and in Vegas, it's cold but still 2 feet from Hell-o!

Comment

Winter Near Vegas

Howdy THC,

Okay, I'll bite: How did you do that enlargement? Gee if you did that all the time them little images of mine would be awesome? Fill me in?

Comment

I clicked on your small image in the top post. this brings up the larger picture. Right click on that larger image. A dropdown box will appear. Click in "Properties" at the bottom of that box. Another box appears, which has the "address/URL" of the picture. Highlight this address (usually two to three lines long). Once it's highlighted, right click on that highlighted address. another dropdown bax appears, and slect "copy" from that box.

Then go back to your original post (or wherever you want to reply in the forum with that enlarged image). in the "reply to thread" , click on the "insert image" icon. this brings up a box where you can type in the address/URL of a photo. Right click in that address box and select "paste" from the dropdown box that appears. Then when you submit your post, your newly enlarged image is in it.

Let me know how this work for you. A member on our Apache camper website taught me this trick, and I'm just glad to pass it on!
                            Bill, Kelly and the boys

1968 Apache tent trailer

Comment

The weather channel report this morning showed Nevada with snow possible.
                              2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
                              2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
                              I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Working...
                              X