Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Mtn Cove, Colorado River Camping

Howdy,
    Here is our rig at Fire Mtn Cove on the Colorado River. This is the first place along the entire length of the Colorado River where the river isn't confined to a canyon or rock barrier of some sort. Where we are at the Colorado River is actually wider than the Mississippi River, but it is only for a scant ten miles(north to south), then the Colorado River is squeezed again into another canyon before reaching the Mojave Lake at Seachlight, Nevada. The photo here is 1.4 miles from the river itself. And for other photos of our camping trip over the last weekend in February 2009, please see "Place to Go, Southwest Section." Thanks for looking!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
    Howdy,
    Here is our rig at Fire Mtn Cove on the Colorado River. This is the first place along the entire length of the Colorado River where the river isn't confined to a canyon or rock barrier of some sort. Where we are at the Colorado River is actually wider than the Mississippi River, but it is only for a scant ten miles(north to south), then the Colorado River is squeezed again into another canyon before reaching the Mojave Lake at Seachlight, Nevada. The photo here is 1.4 miles from the river itself. And for other photos of our camping trip over the last weekend in February 2009, please see "Place to Go, Southwest Section." Thanks for looking!
    I ski on that snow...I dropped a chapstick, keep an eye out for it down river. :D

Nice pictures!
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Fire Mtn Cove

I did see a ski float by, did you loose one?
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
      X