Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter 2009 Camping

Howdy,
    The one item you can't shovel in the desert is sunshine. Over Easter weekend April 10-12 we camped here: Mid-Basin Cove on Lake Mojave. Desert camping isn't everyone's cup ot tea and I'm not telling everyone to go camping here but as you can see we were the only ones there. We did catch plenty of flat-water for our kind of kayaking too(weather, in-between fronts)! It was too cold for surface fishing, so we just ate steak! We are glad that you weren't here!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

We here in the east always talk about finding that camp site where it is not crowded.
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Easter Weekend 2009, Lake Mojave, Nevada

Howdy John,
      Your words are always nice to read, thanks! That is why we went camping there, it is usually crowded but we figured that everyone would be home celebrating the annual return of the easter bunny and we guessed right for once. It was primitive car camping at it's best. I raised the shower tent for our latrine and we even got so close to the water it rocked us to sleep for two nights! Last year we camped at Boulder Beach Campground on Lake Mead and it was the noisiest camping experience we don't ever want to go there again. And Boulder Beach CG was really almost a mile from the water. Lake Mojave is nice in that way, most of the cooler months in the southwest this is our camping heaven, it really gets busy during the summer months when people with rvs will try to set up camp here and the water skiers are everywhere. During those hotter summer months that is when we go north to central Nevada, The Great Basin, and camp near the Truckie River and anyplace over 7,000 ft. Once again thanks for your kind words.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
      X