Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xantrex Powerpack 400 Plus

Howdy,
    Whenever we go camping and need that extra electrical juice to blow up our 19 inch tall queen size air mattress or to power our portable radio sound system or our portable car vacuum that I use to vacuum the tent just before we take her down from camping this is what we take. I purchased it through http://www.amazon.com some months ago and wanted to show you it is still working great. The product features are that it's a compact portable power source that provides 400 watts AC power. It will jump start a dead car battery, inflates tires. The Xantrex Powerpack 400 Plus came with jumper cables, nozzle adapters for pumping air, AC charger, DC charger cable. It measures 16x8x10" and 28.9 pounds. The XPower Powerpack also charges cell phones. There is an automatic shutdown when there is an overheat problem, low-battery voltage, or overload condition. 320-watt continuous AC output(600 watt surge). 250 p.s.i. air compressor with air hose. 3-digit display displays battery status and wattage draw. Built in flashlight. Here are photos:
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

VDF,
    sounds good and doesn't add noise. I know that was a plus for you. If you use it for a weekend camping trip and you are in backcountry where you have aired down will it have enough juice left to airup on the way out?
    How long will it take to recharge?

John
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Originally posted by jpurdy View Post
      VDF,
      sounds good and doesn't add noise. I know that was a plus for you. If you use it for a weekend camping trip and you are in backcountry where you have aired down will it have enough juice left to airup on the way out?
      How long will it take to recharge?

John
      Howdy John,
      Glad you asked because I forgot to add that when I'm down-range(in the field) one can recharge the battery with the included DC adapter in four hours off a car's battery. And when I air-down to run rocky trails I have always had more than enough juice to air back up, and I am still doing that the old fashioned way using a pressure gauge. This one piece of camping equipement I never fail to take, and you know as well as anyone I have forgotten plenty before I got organized. That is why I'm digging this site(campingforum.com) all the more, I can share my camping experiences with anyone; it's up to them whether what works for me will work for them. We are all different and you know I'm a die-hard tent camper that needs back surgery and a knee replacement through the VA this summer. So hopefully I have another experience to talk about tomorrow before the surgery dead-lines me for a few weeks. Still waiting for dates. Xantrex has raised their prices too, I purchased mine for almost 200 clams and that was 6 months ago.

Comment

Last night when I looked at their website and prices I found target had a price of $149.00 online. This would be a good deal for anyone camping even this old man and his popup. The quiet is nice.
        Good luck with the knee replacement. My wife has had both of her replaced.
        Last edited by jpurdy; 04-16-2009, 04:58 PM.
        2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
        2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
        I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Howdy John,
          Even for this me at 56, we do all of our shopping, except food, on-line! LLBean used to be very pricey but now no tax and free shipping. The Xantrex is very good, we had it running our camping stereo for four nights staright and then I remembered when I got back to the highway I had to air-up. No problem with the 400 plus. There was all the air I needed. The full charge of the battery lasts 90 days too.

Comment

Sounds like a 'good piece of kit' as our British friends would say! :cool:
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Howdy BD,
              Glad to hear that you didn't get blown away or flooded out with all your nasty weather! Thanks for your great comments, too! How has been bike camping and did you get that little trailer? This Xantrex might be an extra aid for you down the road, it's a bit heavy I think for bikin' but it's only a suggestion.

Comment

Yep, too much for MC carry - but a buddy and I are trailering our bikes up to Tennessee in May. We will carry larger tents, and Bob will carry his little Honda genset. I don't really think we'll need it.
                Am putting off building the MC-towed trailer til after the trip - my new sidecase frame isn't as strong as I hoped. I had intended using it for part of the tow-hitch frame.
                Bob and I did a long (190 miles) ride today, and visited some campgrounds on a recce. A couple are now on our list of possible places for this year's camping.
                Toerrya State Park has a main campground (full up but not loud, they enforce the 'queit hours'.) and they have a 'primitive campground' that one has to hike a half-mile or so into from the parking area - and a LOT of elevation! Going down to the campground, then we'd be carrying our gear back UP to come out - really limits what you want to carry in!
                Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

great!

Great product and quiet? what more can a camper ask for!!

Comment

Working...
                  X