the more things change the more they stay the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the more things change the more they stay the same

First i like to say hi Im a long time camper starting when i was about 8 or 9 years old. now im 38 and take my famliy camping. Me and my wife (then girlfriend) started camping in my old 2 man tent.

we did the for years well long story short we tented for years then got married then moved up to a viking legend popup. and had that for about 3 years then we had our first kid on the way and think as it was raining and braking camp and my wife 6 month along. " its time to upgrade' so good by to the pop up and hello a 23' wild wood bunk house. well that was great but i never reallly liked pulling it. it all was seemed to much for my f-150 4.6. so say good buy to the wild wood and hello to another viken legend but this time with A/C and a slid out! it a 07 and got a killer deal 6,000 and it was only used one time. we just got it on monday and getting ready to head out with it for one more camping trip of the year .

mayby to potato creek in IN, were in south west MI. again hello and glad to be here!

Great story teamhurst. Potato Creek is nice. As you venture further afield, try Summit Lake State Park, a little south of Muncie, Indiana. Great hiking and kayaking.
    You are really lucky to have Michigan as home base. The UP and Canada are so close to you.
    Sounds as if a Class B or C would be in your future.

Comment

well we never did get out to use the new popup before the snow. but have made plans. for camping in 2010. well have to look in to summit lake for sure! hope eveyone is have a good winter.

Comment

Travel Trailer

Congratulations on your most recent purchase. We just purchased a travel trailer so my wife and newborn could join my son and I.

Comment

Originally posted by teamhurst View Post
          seemed to much for my f-150 4.6.
          My folks used to have a Ford Expedition with the small V8 and it struggled towing their 23 ft camper. Real hard on the engine, especially going over mountain passes with the engine maxed out going 20 mph. Needless to say I talked pops into purchasing a GMC Yukon with the 5.6 Vortex. Hasn't looked back and is even talking about getting a toy hauler and purchasing a new pickup. I think its about time he pulls the "mid life crisis" excuse to spoil him and mama.
          "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
          sigpic

Comment

In 50plus years have done it all. Canoe and shelter half.
            pop-ups etc., than went mobile. Started with an Explorer Class B. Then Jayco 28foot. Ex was to small for children, so tried Jayco. Fine unit.
            But, we always had a house full. Then we found the Roadtrek. Lady and I fell in love with it. Just room for two. On rare occassion grandchildren will tent camp with us. The children have pull trailers.
            Makes the wife nervous when we flat park the Trek. But, it is easilly done. For a couple if they are under 5' 9" it works just fine. Much like living ship board.
            Get used to keeping things ship-shape in tight quarters. Bed in rear, good design feature.
            It now takes us about five minutes to pull up and take day trips. Bonus. You have your kitchen and head on board at all times and places.
            Worth consideration for anyone seeking a better choice.
            Little 318 Dodge gets 16.5 mpg. Pulled my 19ft. center console just fine on reasonable grades.

Comment

Working...
            X