footprints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• footprints

I've been seein alot of tents lately that are sold with footprints, and have been wondering how easy it would be to make one? I've just been using a tarp folded up for my tent right now, but it has a tendency to unravel when used for a few days.

Originally posted by flyfishingtaz View Post
    I've been seein alot of tents lately that are sold with footprints, and have been wondering how easy it would be to make one? I've just been using a tarp folded up for my tent right now, but it has a tendency to unravel when used for a few days.
    I've thought about cutting an existing tarp to fit but haven't because of the unraveling problem. Have you tried tarp glue or tarp tape?

Comment

what do you mean unravel?
      try cutting it so it's just a bit (<1 inch) smaller than your tent bottom

Comment

My buddies and I just use the clear plastic sheeting used by painters. When it gets groady, trash it and replace cheap.
        Folds up smaller than a tarp too.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I just use a tarp, and it goes out past my tent, but that's OK. A few extra tent stakes, and it's secure. It also makes for a "front porch" of sorts to remove boots and dust off before getting into the tent. Pic below.

Comment

Working...
          X