Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love Leaking Tents!

Hello All Fellow Campers!!!

I have enjoyed camping in a TENT for the last 10 years! I have a question that really needs an answer! I had a nice tent and found out this weekend that it leaks worse than a collendar! Went down to the local walmart to pick up a new tent and set that one up in the downpour... Carefully put the rainfly on so no water got into the tent while setting it up, that was a treat!.. After the tent was set up with the rainfly on, dang thing leaked worse than my old tent!.... Where can I find a tent, im thinking a quality CANVAS tent that is virtually resistant to water?...Any suggestions as to what brand tent I should be looking for in the 4-5 person size range? Any suggestions are very well welcomed!

Thanks!

Justin

Tent

Hi Justin,

I just bought a Coleman Denali tent. We went camping a couple of weeks ago and were on a hill with a 10 degree angle. Every camp site was on a slight hill this was the least of them.

Anyway it rained pretty hard that night for about an hour and a half straight with a decent wind. Not a drop. There are still a few of them out there (it is last years model). I found mine at the Coleman Pigeon Forge outlet. They still had 3 when I ought mine. It comes with a 5 year warranty.:D

Comment

I always have found that it really pays dividends if after you purchase a tent is to set it up in your backyard or in your garage or at a nearby park and waterproof the seams(all seams, inside & out) at least as soon as you get the tent and once every year after that to keep the seams well-waterproof! Besides it saves you time from having to read instructions on the first night out camping and in the rain too. But that is just me talkin' to myself.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Tent

:cool:Good point VDF

Comment

Originally posted by RemMagMan7 View Post
          Hello All Fellow Campers!!!

I have enjoyed camping in a TENT for the last 10 years! I have a question that really needs an answer! I had a nice tent and found out this weekend that it leaks worse than a collendar! Went down to the local walmart to pick up a new tent and set that one up in the downpour... Carefully put the rainfly on so no water got into the tent while setting it up, that was a treat!.. After the tent was set up with the rainfly on, dang thing leaked worse than my old tent!.... Where can I find a tent, im thinking a quality CANVAS tent that is virtually resistant to water?...Any suggestions as to what brand tent I should be looking for in the 4-5 person size range? Any suggestions are very well welcomed!

Thanks!

Justin
          Kodiak or Springbar. I only have experience with Kodiak and love it.

Comment

I had the same problem and went ahead and spent the money on the Springbar Traveler 5. Couldn't be more happy. Very easy to set up and very high quality, best of all it doesn't leak!

Comment

We've been really happy with the Wenzel Sycamore, but that's kinda big for you. Try the Wenzel Beartooth. It's the same design as the Sycamore, but smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by rxcamping View Post
                Hi Justin,

I just bought a Coleman Denali tent. We went camping a couple of weeks ago and were on a hill with a 10 degree angle. Every camp site was on a slight hill this was the least of them.

Anyway it rained pretty hard that night for about an hour and a half straight with a decent wind. Not a drop. There are still a few of them out there (it is last years model). I found mine at the Coleman Pigeon Forge outlet. They still had 3 when I ought mine. It comes with a 5 year warranty.:D
                Got my Coleman tent there, too!! Love it!

Comment

Wet tent

I don't think there is such a thing as a leakproof tent. I set up a Northwest Territory back pack tent in my yard for my kids to play which seems to hold off water well.

Comment

Working...
                  X