Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heyyy Look! It's the ubiquitous first post, new to camping guy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heyyy Look! It's the ubiquitous first post, new to camping guy!!

Alright so I'm going on a camp/float for the first time with my wife, in southern Missouri in late July. It's only for a couple days, and there are showers, a couple of electric hookups in our campsite, and our car will mostly likely be right there too. I just want to be sure I have the major points of this trip nailed down, so I thought I would run it by you all.

Tent:

A friend swears by his 15x10 Kmart tent with a screened in awning. He says this a perfect spot for storing all your gear, and all the extra space is great for his king mattress, small table and chairs, etc. He says this setup is also great if it rains.

If I were to go this route, I have it down to the:

Columbia Cougar Flats II
    http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Couga...=19M86PA4QVTBK

Eureka! Copper Canyon 1312
    http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Copper-...=19M86PA4QVTBK

I like the Columbia for its creature comforts, and I like the Eureka for the ceiling height etc.

My first question is - if I decide to go with something big like this, which tent is the best? How are my two selections?

Second question - Is one of these huge tents not really worth it? Should I try to focus on the smaller Eureka tents which may be significantly easier to install and may offer superior rain protection? I just don't want to spend $300 + on this huge tent, only to get wet if it rains.

All I really need in the tent is a queen air mattress, and enough room for two people total + gear.

What do you all think? Thanks in advance.

big tents can be hard to find a setup spot, 10x10 would be more than enough for 2

Comment

Bride & I own and use the Eureka 10x10' Copper Canyon storm shelter. And it is just perfect for the two of us! Our tent heater goes too when the weather turns chilly and for a desert rat when the temps get down into the sixties we are using our tent heater. A 10x10' tent is great for two adults jeep camping. Welcome again to the best camping boards around!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

60's? toughen up!
        we use our heater too! :-)

Comment

Perfect, thanks! Just ordered the Eureka 10x10....:D

Comment

Working...
          X