Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2010 Camping Plans

Howdy,
    I know it's way early to start this, but we'll be camping from 12-22-09 till 1-2-2010 so I wanted to get a start on January Camping Plans. Post yours here, if you want to or start your own thread. Over MLK 2010 weekend we are headed to either Lake Mojave, or Gold Point, Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada or maybe Zion National Park, Utah. Gunlock Lake or even Baker Dam Recreation Area in Utah are also up for consideration. Then the following weekend, we will be going to a B&B in Temcula, CA(southern Cal wine country) for another wedding anniversary(34 or 35, I've lost count)! I think the cold of Sedona and the Grand Canyon are gonna keep us in the desert in January! Yeah, I know I'm just a wannabe, but they are now forecasting much more snow than we had planned for and alot colder temps too! Zero to 10 degrees for lows at the rim. Our winter sleeping bags are rated to minus 30. Maybe it'll just be a day trip this time. And we'll stay put at Manzanita Tent Only Campground! We'll see. In our scrabble count Desertrose has won 378 games to my 350. We really like camping and scrabble anytime of year, by cracky!!(Heehee). Y'all have a merry and a happy on me. Thanks for looking! What are you plans for January 2010 camping?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

January 15, 16 and 17 - the MLK holiday weekend - we are having our fifth annual Dual Sport Meet down here. Different campground, as the YMCA campground we used the prior four years has closed down pending sale of the property. Really sucks, as that was a wonderful place, which we had an 'inside connection' with. But, bobo promised us "change" this year...... :rolleyes:
    So now we will meet at a smaller public campground west of town, actually quite close to where I live. It'll make logistics of carrying stuff over there a lot easier!
    Hopefully the temp mellos out - we are accustomed to low thirties/high twenties at least one night each campout - but weather has been odd this year. We will not have the big meeting hall building we had gotten used to, for meeting, eating and wrenching. Gonna be more like 'real camping' this year! Hehehe....... :D
    I already have my annual leave approved.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Sound like a great tie BD, better than last year! Take your camera!

Comment

Mid-Hills CG, Mojave Desert, CA

Howdy,
        MLK in almost here and we're planning, our 2nd winter camp, to Mid-Hills CG in the Mojave National Desert Preserve for just two days. Kodiak Canvas will be our cover of choice and we were there last year(see my photo albums). It's only about 150 miles from Vegas but there is peace and quiet in the winter high desert at 4600'. Juniper and Pinyon Pine trees and plenty of 'otes(coyotes) to keep us entertained. No snow just chilly temps and beautiful desert!

Also this weekend(1-9-10) for just a day trip maybe up to the Pahranagnat Wildlife Refuge to spot Bald & Goldens at. One lake allows non-motorized watercraft use. The other two lakes are banned for any excitement. No fishing gear this time just camera and long glass(600mm). We also have plans on Sunday, to drive to the strip and eat at our favorite french restaurant...Mon Ami Gabi(My Friend Gabi) at the Paris Hotel. My youngest son is a waiter there and the GM is a hunting friend of mine. Just keeping it real!

Comment

Working...
        X