Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie

Hi,

My name is Ed. I just registered today to be part of your merry band. I used to get my outdoor fix as a sailboat owner and now I am taking my travels inland. I am building a small trailer (40"x50") just for my camping gear - there is no living space or even sleeping space. There are several cabinets and a fold down counter for my stove which is powered by a 10# propane bottle. I don't really want to go to RV campgrounds. Do you think the tent-only sites would take me?

Thanks,
    Ed

Hi Ed,

I can help you with your question as my wife and I are more into the backpacking thing than the camping thing - but there is a bit of a crossover in that we travel/sleep/live out of four wheeled vehicles and take two mid-sized dogs.

That said, welcome to this group. There is a ton of knowledge and ideas here and a group of people who are willing to help.
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Howdy Ed,
      Welcome to campfire chat! Glad to have you along and like I always say hope your stay with us will be a long and happy one!

Tent Only Sites are really a rarity.:eek: On the East coast there are some private campgrounds...in the midwest...it seems that rvs rule the roost, in the south most places are like the west; space is shared between trailers, cab-overs and tents. Tent only places are usually very small and can allow small cab-over campers(pickup trucks with campers) if their place isn't crowded. Out west it's alittle different. Tent only sites are those sites where you really need 4x4 to get into(the high mountains). Or in the extreme corners of the southwestern deserts. But don't fret none! You'll fit in fine and it will be a good experience for me(at least) seeing how other people take the time and enjoyment to go camping as much as we(bride & I) like to camp! Thanks for joining! Jump in anytime to share your 2 cents or ask more and someone will always answer most of the time unless their camping....:D. Yep, we ain't arm-chair chatting!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
      X