Boots in the tent? Yes or No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots in the tent? Yes or No

Okay...sometimes I got silly questions but hey at least I'm asking about how you camp. Do I care...well, yes I do! This is better than a poll, which I've come to realize is just a waste of time. But like the ground cloth question...something to kick around awhile and share thoughts and ideas on.

As for me...No, not ever, not in the near future, not now, not when it's raining cats and dogs!

Not ever never!

Not no...but hello, NO!

What part of "no" don't you understand! My kids were taught that too from an early age. No Boots in the tent. So what about you...what are your thoughts on boots in the tent?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

NO! Absolutely NOT! I want my tents to last awhile. Tent floors would be ragged PDQ wearing boots inside.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Yes

The floor in our Kodiak Flex-Bow is so heavy duty, I don't worry about it any more. It's made of a really thick vinyl-coated fabric. I haven't really seen anything else like it.

I don't let the kids run around the tent in their boots mostly because they'll track too much dirt in but I'm not worried about the floor wearing out any more. The other reason I got over it - we started taking our dog camping.

We use rugs and mats for dirt control but that's about it.

Comment

Yep! Kodiak really has a great vinyl tub floor! A few rugs and you're right at home! We like our Kodiak tent too! Now I'm a seasoned tenter, just add salt'n'pepper! But we still say no to boots. Okay 2 to 1! Next?
        Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-05-2010, 02:12 PM.
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Let's just say if boots come in my tent the person wearing them will be sleeping under the stars for the remainder of the trip. Mud and muck is one thing but i have found if you are camping around sand and it is tracked into the tent it is almost impossible to get it all out. Made the mistake of forgetting to tell my lady to take off her shoes before she goes into the tent the first time we went camping and I still find bits of sand in it to this day, and that was over a year ago!!
          +1 for No Boots in the Tent.
          "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
          sigpic

Comment

I really prefer no shoes at all in the tent. Aside from potentially damaging the floor, I hate having dirt and debris dragged into the tent.
            Alot of the time, I don't wear shoes when camping so it's not an issue for me, but I do have to remind my lovely wife from time to time.

Comment

take off your shoes!

Like the little sign my mother still has posted on the door frm her garage in to the house..."take off your shoes please"

Comment

Working...
              X