raking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raking

a tip if you want to..........take a lawn rake, or if space is an issue, just the head.
    use it to rake up twigs and any other debris that may poke a hole in you or your tent floor.
    (If you use just the head, get Grampa to rake as he is about 1/2 way bent over already............(just kidding Gramps........Gramps..........GRAMPS!!!!.......... .......Ahhhhh, owwwww....)

Did Granpa survive?:confused:
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Methinks junior is sporting a shiner.......

A small wisk broom is good too, to sweep out the sand and leaves that get into the tent.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
        A small wisk broom is good too, to sweep out the sand and leaves that get into the tent.
        I actually paid money for a teensy dustpan and brush made specifically for camping (packs flat). :o

Comment

I always bring a rake....except when I forget it!
          My Other Interest

Comment

I just use my neighbor's rake. That way, in case I forget to give it back, I have one for next time (in case the NEW neighbors don't have one).
            “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
            ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Now THAT is the best logic I have ever heard.!
              Maybe it will work with canoes.......food.............tents..........who knows????

Comment

Broom

I generally use a broom.. but .. I like the idea of borrowing your neighbor's stuff.. I've always wanted a boat or a canoe.

Eric
                Needs for Facebook Fans. My mom doesn't really count. http://bit.ly/d7QHYI

Comment

At first I brought a broom to sweep out debris and dust. Then I went to a smaller dustpan and whisk broom to get down on hands and knees and get it all out. Then I discovered the ideal: No shoes in the tent and brush yourself off before you enter!....Now I only clean the inside of the tent when I set it up at home before or after a campout and have at my disposal all kinds of cleaning tools. But I always have a leaf rake. I don't loan anything out nor borrow from someone else. We hardly camp where other people camp except in them National Parks but then it's only during the off-season, most folks then prefer motels or hotels.:rolleyes:
                  Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                  Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I have a lil flower garden rake that is about 18 inches long and it folds into a very small package. I just toss it in my camp tool box and I am good to go. Thats why I bring my kids along so they can rake the site while I am unpacking. It's amazing how clean they get the area. They are better and faster than a herd of goats. :D

Comment

Working...
                    X