Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tie a guyline?

Hi All,

I have guylines that are pre-tied to the little fasteners (rubber piece with 3 holes). Can someone give me a SIMPLE answer on how to properly tie the line to my tent and stake it down?

Thanks

Howdy back, here's what you do(have no fear desertfox is here) Ha Ha!

Holding the plastic piece flat...Top of it we'll call North, bottom we'll call South.

Tent rope through the top hole (North to South)
    Then through the second hole (South to North)
    Then the rope goes around the stake
    Then through the third hole(South to North)
    Tie a knot after going through the third hole

Pull the slack through using the piece of rope between hole 1 and 2.

And I'm a monkey's uncle! See it's that easy!

When you pound down your tent stakes, take a hammer, not a rock like a caveman would do. Don't put your stakes straight in at 90 degrees to the tent. An angle of 60% is good with the tip of the stake under the tent area. Good luck!

BTW: Learn to tie almost any knot. http://tollesburysc.co.uk/knots when you get the directory scroll down and find a knot click on a knot and ".htm," click that title and start learning. It is a sailing site.
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 04-28-2010, 10:06 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Knot tieing: Cool site
      Chuck
      So. Oregon
      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the info. Glad to see you made it to Reno. I've been busy at work (but not too busy to camp). Still haven't made it to Nevada, but I camped at Anza-Borrego, Mojave Nat Preserve and Grand Canyon in the last 3 months. Going to Death Valley soon I hope.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X