Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone Campin', by Cracky

Howdy Campateers,
    Well me and the Missus took a stroll from Reno west towards Truckee, CA. Just 31 miles. We departed Interstate 80 before we hit Truckee and followed the Little Truckee River north for a short distance. We left Reno at 4:30 and we got back here at 8 PM. We saw and investigated four lakes and seven campgrounds. We found two campgrounds that are open now with only a few small trailers and one RV on them. The book: Camping California calls these spots RV cities during the warm months of summer. But there is hardly anyone there now. Snow is still along the highway in spots at 6,000'. Well...we're itching to go campin' so we are this weekend. by cracky!

Most of the gear is already ready, I gotta throw it into the jeep. The name of the Lake we are gonna camp at is called Stampede Lake and the campground, which doesn't have an iron ranger or a host for the time being is free( the best kind). Plenty photos will follow soon next week.

As to my joinin' facebook...I still have an account, but it just doesn't sit well with me...I'd just rather be campin' and chattin' campin' here at camping forums. There's a lot of venting and complaining...that's not for me! But I have been thinking of startin' my own blog...we'll see! So I won't be here from 4:30, May 7 to late Sunday May 9. I have finally discovered that I'm finally living in my dream vacation-land!!! So much to see and so much to do! The 'yak will get wet!

Boca Lake, Sierra Nevada Mtns. Tahoe National Forest, California

Prosser Lake, Sierra Nevada Mtns. Tahoe National Forest, California

Little Truckee River, Sierra Nevada Mtn. Tahoe National Forest, California
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-04-2010, 12:30 AM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Working...
X