Advice needed (in Southern NV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed (in Southern NV)

i used to camp all the time when i was a kid, but its been at least a decade since i have gone and i have NO idea where to camp, and all that

i want a place where i can build a fire, have privacy (i am going with my husband for the first time) and allows dogs

anyone have any advice?

All campgrounds accept dogs. They must be kept on a leash at all times. Dogs are a lot like little boys, you should constrain them or they will run off and explore who knows what and could get hurt. Protect your dogs by keeping them on a short leash when walking besides you and a longer leash in the campsite.

If you're planning on camping in southern Nevada there's Echo Bay, Calville Bay, Boulder Beach Campground around Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Or further south there is Cottonwood Cove on Lake Mojave. East of the town of Searchlight about 18 miles.

Fires are permitted in firerings that are provided. These sites also have a table and with flush restrooms nearby or vault toilets. Of those I mentioned they all have flush restrooms.

Up towards Red Rock there is the Red Rock Campground. It is on the left hand side of the road 3 miles before you get to the turn-off to Red Rock. There is also Valley of Fire near Overton.

check out this site:http://www.allcampgrounds.com this will get you started. What does "all that" mean? Do you have any gear? What do you have and what are you looking for? Help is here, but some kind of hint as to what you may need and what style of camping you're doing would be helpful. Thanks! Thanks too, for joining camping forums!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
    X