No announcement yet.

Cooler Packing Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the words of Bob Dylan "Ya dont need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

Comment

Bob Dlyan....good words he always spoken! Tis but a song fer you!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
        Two coolers are great if ya got the room.
        I'd need another llama just to carry the coolers, and another llama to carry the cooler which was carrying the ice :eek:
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Welcome back, RDF! And don't worry, as a scientist of course I've validated these findings on both coasts and the midwest during campouts. And my toilet water did run in the other direction in Peru. :D I'm sequencing DNA as we speak!
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Well tplife, I've never been impressed with credentials, certainly yours don't. It appears yours haven't made you smart either when it comes to packing a cooler, perhaps thermo isn't your strongest suit. Certainly hasn't made you man enough to admit when you're wrong. Leave the ice water in the cooler schmuck, you and your food will live longer.

I noticed you were non-committal on global warming but had to get someone else to say it for you. Disappointing to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob22315 View Post
              Well tplife, I've never been impressed with credentials, certainly yours don't. It appears yours haven't made you smart either when it comes to packing a cooler, perhaps thermo isn't your strongest suit. Certainly hasn't made you man enough to admit when you're wrong. Leave the ice water in the cooler schmuck, you and your food will live longer.

I noticed you were non-committal on global warming but had to get someone else to say it for you. Disappointing to say the least.
              Rob, I'm schooled in the scientific method. It's the basis of how I earn my living and provide medical and scientific research as part of a greater community. I don't know if you remember what that means, but since I've already cited the scientific principles, you have an internet connection, so after you study the laws of thermodynamics, consider that also as a refresher. And I backed up my opinions regarding global warming by citing a leading meteorologist in the field, not by simply shooting my mouth off (although I like to do that too! :D). I"ll pass on the name-calling as I try to avoid that and simply remember that like myself, others learn new techniques and tips by sharing their knowledge of our sport.
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Bad Doggie, Bad!

Please Campateers...let's try as hard as anyone from name-calling, chatting about religion, politics and any other way to get a heated debated even more fired up! Everyone has their own values and this is just a micro melting-pot in which we should try very hard to get along with one another! Like I've said in the past most folks have elbows that use computers, and opinions are like elbows...everyone has at least two! If someone doesn't agree with someone on something, drop the subject...move to a different thread...this site has many other campateers who were offended about what was chatted a few moments ago! Name calling is a big no-no and something that will not be tolerated here. I admire one from refraining from name-calling although there are many times I've disagreed, just keep your frustrations to yourself and either refrain from responding or finding a new camping forum site that allows such behavior! Name calling will not be tolerated and this is public notice that if it happens again from the un-named source that individual will be banned from this site! I'm very clear on this...now let's move on and get campin! and chat campin!
                Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                X