Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Tent Camping: June 2010

We are! June 4 & 5, 2010!

We are goin' back to Cold Creek, Kodiak Canvas Tent Campin' and we are taken the 17' Old Town Kayak to Sardine Lake to relax under Rattlesnake Peak!

If you're tent campin' post up here! General Chat is getting over worked so it time to specialize!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

June 5th and 6th we're going to Indian Lake State Park in Ohio!!
    16 people total. 11 kids and 5 adults.

Everyone is getting so excited !

CKM

Comment

I am in. Goin to Elkmont in the Great Smokey Mountains on June 17, 18 and 19 to watch the synchronized fireflys. Several family members will be joining us to watch the spectacle. Just got back from my 6th consecutive camping trip that had rain. Not a camp killer but I am overdue some good camp weather. My Big Agnes is more than up for the challenge of these southern rainstorms but it sure makes it tough to breakdown in the pouring rain. :D

Hope everyone has a safe June of camping and i look forward to hearing the stories.

Comment

Still awaiting my new Eureka tent - hope to 'camp test' it later this month - just the local woods in my little secret "Stealth Campspot" initially.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

But if it's yellow I'll be able to see ya from here, Dawg!

Just found out that Desert Rose gets to have another three-day weekend this weekend....so that means we're gone campin' to Cold Creek Campground, in the Tahoe National Forest this Friday(June 4th) and kayak on Sardine Lake on Saturday & Sunday(6-5&6) and we'll return on Monday 6-7th. We might not leave till Saturday morning and drive up to Sardine Campground. Yeah, it's open but lots of melting snow---standing water----muddy campsites! But we could!:eek:

We have decided to camp at Sardine Campground which will be about a mile from Sardine Lake. Or we will camp at Salmon River Campground about 5 miles from Sardine Lake. And we are leaving Friday at 4:30 PM. Only takes 1 1/2 hours there.
          Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-02-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I'll have to go a bit deeper into the trees......
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

My Dad, brother and our three dogs are going to the Tahoe National Forest:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/tahoe/

We're hoping we can do some dispersed camping. I don't especially like being in a campground or hearing other people around. Hopefully we can find a small plot of land and some water nearby...

I'm bringing my Canon Rebel XT, so maybe I'll post a trip report when I return.

It's been a while and I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

That'll be great fable and welcome to CF! Glad you pulled up a stump to chat awhile. I was just camping off of Hwy 49 this past weekend. The only open lake is Lower Sardine. All the others above 6000' are still frozen over. Snow level is about 5000' and many popular spots are still buried under snow & ice. We drove up looking at A23 for a dispersed place and the roads require 4x4 & chains still. So we went and camped along Hwy 89 south of Sierraville and had no problem. Good luck to you and bring back photos! It's great to share!

Comment

Hey thanks RDF (also for routing me to the right thread)!

I appreciate the info you shared about the area. I will look into Lake Sardine. I should have taken this week off just to plan for the trip, I can't work with camping in my future!

Comment

That's the right attitude to have towards campin, fable!

Now, it's written in stone: We leave Friday, June 4th 4:30 PM to either Sardine Lake Campground or Salmon Creek CG, try out my new large super-duper knee brace(X2K) and hike to Upper Sardine Lake, tandem kayak a bunch on Lower Sardine Lake and enjoy the surroundings! I'll return June 7th early PM. JohnJohn who is always around will be around more. For us, it seems we are right on track campin, campin, campin! Thanks for lookin! When are you going campin?

Comment

It's hard to believe, but it's been almost two months since out campout at Laguna Prado Campground. We're off in two weeks for the Indian Reservation Campgrounds, always a highlight in our rotation. The river (think creek) runs right through this campground and offers outstanding tubing for the 2.5 hour trip from top down to the office. Two rapid dropoffs send tubers over the falls in fairly steep descents. Aloha! :D
                      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Gone Campin

Yep, 3:15 pm picking up Desert Rose and we be gone! I'll return June 7th in the pm. Remember, every campout is just practice fer the next one!! Thanks to everyone, makin this a real camping forum! Lower Sardine Lake or Bust! Yippee Yeah!:D:D

Comment

hi everyone! i'm new here. i'm going to Yellowstone from June 12-17 @ bridgebay. I think I'm ready for the weather. just hope it wont get too crazy!!!:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                            When are you going campin?
                            Hey RDF! I was camping the same days as you, funny! I left Friday, 6/4 in the AM and came back on Monday, 6/7. We stayed at the Fiddle Creek Campground and then went up to the Wild Plum Campground after. I tell yah, I wish I had stayed at the Wild Plum Campground the majority of the time. Beautiful sites! Perfect weather and snow was still on the ground when we went hiking! My dog had a blast.

I am planning on posting a trip report with some photos. Where would be the best place to post my report?

best,

fable

Comment

The best place to post a review of a campground is in the "Where To Go" section of the forum. Just find the correct region and state and there ya go!

That's too funny, too! On Saturday we drove down to Fiddle Creek to look. Small campground right on 49 almost. Wild Plum had small sites but it's more off the highway so we enjoyed that.

If you just have some nice photos of LMT(lakes, mountains, trees) with no review you can put some in LMT in the photo gallery. Start your own thread...

The Photo Gallery is set aside for pics. It doesnt get much use but folks watch it like a hawk. Just read the guidelines under the title and post what you believe fits.

If you post photos in another chat topic...once that topic goes on to page two or three, over a short span of time...non-registered and campateers will stop looking at your efforts.

It was warmish at Fiddle Creek but up where we stayed at Sardine, Gold Lake was still in ice! Ha Ha! Share your pics! Thanks for askin!!

Comment

Working...
                              X