No announcement yet.

Tent Campin': July 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to Cades Cove Thursday morning to enjoy one of the most spectacular places on earth! It has it all...great spots...plenty of wild life...cool, crisp mornins even during a heat wave...a stream for the kids to play in. It is just such a special place to me and my family.

We will be going back the last weekend of the month for my wifes birthday and that will be it until mid October for my daughters birthday. Kinda sad that my camping season is coming to a close but I have a move coming up as well as a teardrop to build so camping will have to take a backseat...for now.

This will be our 5th camp of the year with 2 more planned but sometimes "life" gets in the way of what we all enjoy so much...campin! I will take plenty of pics and will post for all to enjoy next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Marla View Post
      Very funny about the lovers!

We are taking grandkids tent camping to Idaho, Montana and Canada. I have camped all my life when younger and we sold old motorhome a few years ago and thought we would teach these city kids a thing or two.

I am wondering does anyone just go anymore or does everyone get reservations first?

:confused:
      Welcome, Marla......

I think you are going to find the answer to your question is "YES!" to both. There are some who are comfortable just going someplace. There are some who get reservations. My wife and I usually plan our treks so we are in or around Nat Forest or BLM land, or even private timber land when it comes time to put up camp for the night.
      Chuck
      So. Oregon
      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Tuesday, July 13-14

Susan is staying home Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'm bailin' for Middle Boulder Lake for an overnighter. Gonna play Ansel Adams w/doubler, tripod, and views. Gonna be fun when I get back to play with the images and then upload them for you all to see:p

Haven't decided if I'm gonna take Billy Bob. If I do, he won't carry much cause he hasn't been out of his pasture this summer. On the other hand, if he decides to go on strike and SIT, I could just set up camp right there, get out my stove, fresh ground coffee beans:D, and french press:D, and play Ansel Adams.

Heck, I'm easy!
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
        X