We Survived Our First Camping Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Survived Our First Camping Trip

We forgot some important stuff (Sweaters/jackets and socks).

We got hit with a severe thunderstorm (high winds/torrential rain) that dropped a tornado about 34 miles away from us.

We made it thorugh nighttime lows in the 50s.

And we had a GREAT time ! The kids swam, rode bikes and played at the playground. The grownups fished, walked along the beach and read books.

Our tents held up impressively. The wind was whistling around us and the tents barely moved. We stayed completely dry, even though I'm pretty sure at one point it was raining sideways.

I've never seen a more beautiful nighttime sky. I had no idea there were so many stars. I've never been in a place so dark at night. It was scary and mystifying at the same time.

I will invest in a weather radio for our next trip and I'll never go sockless again.

Can't wait for our next trip!

CKM
    Last edited by citykidzmom; 06-10-2010, 03:20 PM. Reason: misspelling

Congratulations! Sounds like you had quite the time for the first camp trip ever. The rest of them should be easy and even more enjoyable!
    TrailerMan
    ---------------------
    Living In A Glendale Camper

Comment

Glad you had a great time! Kinda of puts life in it's proper place! Thanks for sharing!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

The first few trips are always a learning experience - I learned what to bring, and what NOT to bring! Was able to whittle my 'necessities' down quite a bit.
        And, even through the adversity, you all had a great time! Nice thing about that is the kids will be rearing to go next time!
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Sounds like you have already made some of those lifelong memories that only camping can bring out. Hopefully, this is just the begining and you and your family will be planning your next trip soon. Congrats.

Comment

Wow, talk about birth by fire. I have been doing this for a few years and still forget to pack the warm clothes when the weather looks good. Sometimes trips that are more aversive are the most memorable.

Comment

Working...
            X