Looking for adequate lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for adequate lighting

Sorry for asking such questions, I am new to camping and have spent a small fortune in go outdoors for almost everything. However, I do not have adequate lighting. Do you think this one is a good one and according to you is the price reasonable?
    http://www.swisslink.com/products/ca...antern-3-1058/
    Thanks

Ya never have to apologize for asking too many questions concerning camping, by cracky! Everyone here is pleased as punch to sell you their opinions at the going rate of free! Opinions are gold here, worth every dime of time ya put in to speak 'em!

To answer your question fast and easy....yep! It's good to go! Sure at first it seems you're throwing money down the drain buying a bunch of camping gear but it's over time that the stuff will start payin' you back. Next year you'll be sittin' sweet and maybe not need too much more! Ha Ha! Good luck! Get Campin!:D
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

ghave, I think it's overpriced junk. Try getting parts for it in ten years! It's not Coleman, so don't be too surprised. For the price of that lantern you could have a NEW Coleman 2-mantle lantern buy-it-now off Ebay. For about the same money you could buy a new Model 288 white gas lantern off Ebay (I've bought two so far) and save about 30% in fuel costs.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Get you a white gas Coleman. They can be had for little $$ and provide the light output you need! A newer model 288 or even an old 220 from the 70's will do. The newer ones have adjustable light output.

Comment

Working...
        X