Who's Tent Campin? September 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Tent Campin? September 2010

Jimmie-Cricket...summer's not over yet is it? It is getting closer to hearing the school bells ring and slower traffic through those zones! But, golly geez, September 2010 is knockin on the door and we gotta let 'em in so if you have campin plans and would like to share your info, here's the thread to "git it done!"

For us, Sept 17-19th we are camping in California at the Napa Valley State Park. We will only be a couple of miles from our three favorite wineries: Trinchero, Rombauer and Cosentino Vineyards. Trinchero Wineries is having a small members only wine festival on the 18th and we have RSVP them! Napa hotels are expensive and so this year we are choosing on campin! We already made reservations and the campground only has space for two sites dedicated for tent camping. The rest of the sites are for RVs and trailers so I'm making signs to place around my site to warn people that I'm a generator hater, Ha Ha!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

For me and the wife, its gonna be Sept 11th through Oct ?. MAJOR road trip/car camp planned. First night or two will be in Mammoth Cave NP. Then north somewhere around Columbus OH, We're looking at Deer Creek but open to any recommendations for that area. The next stop will be Allegany SP, New York. Thats about all I have planed out so far, but the next week or two will be spent in New England and along the East coast.
    If anyone has any recommendations for the VT,NH, and ME area feel free to chime in.
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

WOW...hard to belive this camping season is winding down...for me at least. I remember early this spring when I first joined this forum, how I looked forward to these "who's tent campin" threads. My how time flies.

We have no plans to camp in September due to such a bust schedule. However, we have not hung up our tent for the year yet. We have a trip planned for October but I will save that for that months thread.

Reno, good luck on your Napa Valley trip. Beautiful area that I really enjoyed visitng. I have this mental picture of you rambeling out of a tent, all dishoveled and headed to those wineries and having a "shake & howdy" with people who stayed in $500 a nite suites and just got back from the spa. :D I feel sure you will mix right in.

Thanks again for your input into this site. I found a nice lil cyber home to share some of my families camping experiences and it's alot of fun. Happy Camping!

Comment

Dan'lBoone...don't want to get in a long discussion, but there is a state park around Lancaster called Buckeye Lake, it's southeast of Columbus some, we camped there way back in '78. Maybe worth checkin out? That was back when we were packin kids with us, they did seem to enjoy it and we did too!

Comment

Early Sept Campin, by cracky!

Labor Day! Yippee is coming!

We are going camping over Labor Day this year, seems hard to believe but the best campgrounds that take reservations for tents only I thought would be packed in there like sardines! Well, I'm proved wrongo again! In the middle earth mountains called the Sierra Nevada there is a couple of organized campgrounds located on scenic rivers that are not very busy! So, we are going camping again! Labor Day Weekend, as my friend jpurdy writes every year Labor Day is always celebrated during the 1st weekend in September! Hallelujah Holiday!:D:D

Comment

Originally posted by Dan'lBoone View Post
            If anyone has any recommendations for the VT,NH, and ME area feel free to chime in.
            Thanks in advance.
            My sister just got back from a camping trip in NH and ME. She said she truly enjoyed Acadia National Park in Maine and there was another site they liked in the Berskshires. I'll try to find out which one in case you're interested.

As for me, I'm heading out to PA, camping at Promised Land State Park. Can't wait til Labor Day weekend!

Comment

Heading out to door county again over labor day weekend for 3 days. This will be our last trip of the season, makes 3 trips for our first year camping. The most important part was woman and the girls loved almost every minute of camping so there will be more trips next year for sure. We aquired a nice collection of camping gear and will continue to add to it over the winter so next summer we should have a really nice pile of equipment when we go.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice this year and hope everyone has a great labor day weekend.

Scott

Comment

We're going out over Labor Day weekend too. DH has a 4 day weekend. Not sure where we'll stay yet. We want to head down toward Anchorage and stay close enough so that we can take a day trip into the city.
                May you always have love to share,
                Health to spare
                And friends that care.

Comment

I was disappointed I couldn't convince the fam to take one more camping trip this summer. I was trying to talk them into upstate NY but we decided to take our last summer vacation while my wife had some business travel - Newport RI (stuffies and fried cod anyone?). There's a break in October and it will probably still be warm enough down here in VA to take a camping trip without fear of freezing. Best of luck to all who can squeeze one more in!!

Comment

I need to get out Labor Day Weekend and camp too - it's been too danged long, and I have a bunch of gear to try out before the major season starts down here! :D
                    It's getting cooler at night, and no more triple-digit days - I may see what the campground at Tate's Hell National Forest has to offer. It's close enough to bail out if something goes awry, but far enough to enjoy!

Our kids are already back in school - the 23rd of August was most school's starting date.
                    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Summer's Last Hoopla!

Yep, come Friday afternoon 4 PM we are gone to Sierra Campground, along Hwy 49 under the shadow of the Sierra Buttes. We even paid in advance for this site and we've been keeping an eye out to see how many other campers put in a reservation...of the 15 sites it'll be a full campground. :D

Comment

Planning a trip to Big Sur sometime mid-month. Just starting to lay a plan.

Comment

We can't camp this weekend, but are looking to see if we can manage it later on in the month. Hubby needs to work his schedule to get five consecutive days off.

We really wish we had gotten into camping before now. It's so wonderful! Plus, at $57 and change for four nights at a state park, it's extremely budget friendly. :D
                          "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
                          ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Napa Valley State Park, CA

This Friday, Sept 17th we are camping at Napa Valley State Park for the weekend. On Saturday there is a small gathering at Trinchero winery which we'll attend and pick up our quarterly order and on Sunday in the afternoon after we break camp there is a BBQ at Cosentino Winery which we'll also attend. In the past we've stayed at expensive motels but this time we are camping! It'll be fun!

Comment

Howdy Campateers!!!
                              Just back from campin at NV(no not Nevada but Napa Valley State Park)! It was the best most expensive wine time ever for us in Wine Country! More in the next few days! 250+ photos in 2 days...We went to NV to Trinchero & Costentino Wineries which we are members of! Then drove down to Lodi for a look-see! Saw Sutter's Gold mining area and then back to Reno tonight! Got home here about 9 PM and we left this morning at 10 AM! I gotta get some sleep and more cigars! Thanks for wishing me well for being a grandpa...now 4x over! It's a good feelin! Thanx! :D:D

Comment

Working...
                              X