Beach Camping - Ideas? Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach Camping - Ideas? Tips?

Hey has anyone gone beach tent camping before? I'm wondering if there are any specific things you need to bring along that you wouldn't normally bring along when tent camping? Ideas?

Watch the 'high tide line', and set up camp well above it! People DO forget this, and get their camps flooded.

Carry some good bugdope - the skeeters and 'no-see-ums' here in Florida can be campout-ruiners!

We tend to get thunder showers on the coast that don't move inland also - be ready for RAIN!

And above all - HAVE FUN!! :D
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Like Bigdog57 says, bring something for them blood suckers. I got ate up one night when I camped out on the beach at Gamble Rogers state park. The sand fleas and these weird looking white mosquito like bugs covered me and my tent. I had to jump in the ocean to get away from them. :eek:

Comment

Hey just cheking becasue we might be in Fl this coming spring or summer, but do they allow campfires on the beach in fl?

Comment

LONG tent stakes!
          Chuck
          So. Oregon
          TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
          TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
          SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Originally posted by tytanium View Post
            Hey just cheking becasue we might be in Fl this coming spring or summer, but do they allow campfires on the beach in fl?
            Yes,I've seen others with campfires going. As long as people don't let their fire get out of control and clean up the next morning.We shouldn't get banned from camping and having campfires on the beach.

Comment

Bring Baby Powder!!! It's just like taking a shower! Camping on the beach kinda sucks in my opinion... but I hate sand... for obvious reasons...
              Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
              USMC Retired
              Scout/Sniper

Comment

Working...
              X