Fishing campsites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing campsites

Anyone into fishing on the forum? I am actually making a trip up to Thousand Islands (New York) for some tent camping and bass fishing. Its one of my favorite spots to camp and fish. The water is amazing and the view is unbelievable.

Re: Fishing campsites

The girlfriend and I love fishing. It was one of her requirements for a campsite. The site we have decided to camp this year has several lakes, ponds and rivers to fish out of. Mostly trout fishing here. I mostly do catch and release but, might keep a couple for dinner on our camping trip.

Scott

Comment

Down here in North Florida, I have a campground right on the Ocklocknee River that I like, and we have held our annual motorcycle meets here twice. It includes a boatramp popular with locals, and has a good "fish cleaning station" (ie. a big double sink with running water) next to the boatramp.
      My buddy and I plan to stage a canoe trip from here in the near future and fish the river.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

All of our camping destinations are based upon good quality fishing being available, either at, or very near the campground. We both grew up in upstate NY,camped the thousand isle area and central adirondacks many, many times, we'd select our locations by the quality of b**** trout, salmon or whatever was seasonal. Here in the sierras, the bulk of fishing revolves around the trout fishery, and being a very avid fly fisherman, that suits me fine. The mrs is equally happy using ultralight spinning gear with small spoons and spinners. We still select our locations based on the "hot times" for the prevailing water, which will vary some with the season, species of fish and local bug hatches.

Comment

Working...
        X