Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best bargin you ever got on used/new equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best bargin you ever got on used/new equipment?

The camping equipment thread got me to thinking, what has been the best bargin you have received on new/used gear?

I stopped by a garage sale today (I saw the add on Craigslist) and picked up a Coleman 295 dual fuel lantern, Coleman two mantle propane lantern (broken globe) and a retro Coleman 426D three burner white gas stove in good condition for being 40 years old:D. Paid a grand total of $23 for all, stopped by Wally World on the way home and picked up a new globe. Got home disassembled the stove and cleaned all the dirt grease and cob webs out of it. Reassembled and fired it up, works like new. The 295 works good also but have not tried the propane lantern yet.

If you are looking for gear it definitly pays off to keep an eye on the classifieds.

Re: Best bargin you ever got on used/new equipment?

I'd have to say my tent is my best bargain. It's a Columbia Bugaboo II. I got it at Cabela's for $47. It was either a display model or a return. There was a teeny tiny hole in the floor that I patched with a $2 patch kit. So for under $50 I got an amazing tent that new retails for around $200.

Comment

Best was my SLIME brand electric air pump - I won it as a 'floor prize' for having ridden the greatest distance to get to a motorcycle camp&meet a few years back. Have used it a lot - including airing up an air matress when camping! :cool:
      Also had a fellow camper give me an LED mini-lantern that he couldn't get to work. I changed batteries and it still works great!
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Whenever we stop at Cabelas the Bargin cave is the first place I go.

Bigdog, it is awful hard to beat free. :cool:

Comment

Picked up our Coleman 9cv tent from an online classified, normal price $599 we paid $275. Great tent even better price.

Comment

I went to an archery buyers show to help a friend that owns a bow sight company. I met the reps for Montana Canvas and told them what I was looking for in a wall tent. THey offered to make mine for me for the wholesale price. Saved me about $2,000. Nice Guys!
            FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Comment

This might sound corny but the best bargin for the investment is all the good advice everyone here shares openly and with honesty. The best people to hang-with are campateers. I too have learned plenty from everyone! Thanks!
              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Best bargain for us was the $5 3-burner Coleman stove and camping plates my husband picked up at an auction.

Comment

Our new utility trailer. Talked the guy down from $300+ to $150. It made our most recent trip so easy! We're lovin' it! :D
                  "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
                  ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Working...
                  X