It's official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official

Sold my pop-up today and we're back to being tenters. A little sad to see it leave, but can't wait to get out to the campground with the kids and use my new tent! (and Coleman stove) :D

Re: It's official

Now, I'm curious. We just started camping again and I was thinking we needed to move up to a pop-up....can I ask why you have decided to go back to tenting?

We enjoy camping in a tent but I was thinking how convenient it would be to have a pop-up...what am I missing??

Comment

I'd love to hear what's behind your decision, too.
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Before we had a pop-up we tented. The only reason why we bought the pup was because we got tired of sleeping on the ground tenting when we'd stay up north at a shack as we couldn't sleep inside due to mildew, dust, etc. and DH has allergies & asthma. Well, that turned out to be once, maybe twice, a year. My husband is a workaholic and it was like pulling teeth to get him to take us camping anywhere else because I am too paranoid to hitch up a trailer myself. Then we had our 3rd child, which was OK until the other 2 kids got bigger and we not only outgrew the pop-up, but it just sat in our shed getting unused. I then decided that I still wanted to take my kids camping, even if it is just them and I, so I sold the pup and purchased a new tent, air mattress (boy have they come a long way in 10 years!) stove, cookware, etc. so I could take them whenever we wanted to go. So that is the reasoning for me. I am thrilled AND still comfortable at night with my double high Coleman air mattress!

Comment

I'm just amazed at the stories of so many women just packing up and heading outdoors - either by themselves or with the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by pootats View Post
            Before we had a pop-up we tented. The only reason why we bought the pup was because we got tired of sleeping on the ground tenting when we'd stay up north at a shack as we couldn't sleep inside due to mildew, dust, etc. and DH has allergies & asthma. Well, that turned out to be once, maybe twice, a year. My husband is a workaholic and it was like pulling teeth to get him to take us camping anywhere else because I am too paranoid to hitch up a trailer myself. Then we had our 3rd child, which was OK until the other 2 kids got bigger and we not only outgrew the pop-up, but it just sat in our shed getting unused. I then decided that I still wanted to take my kids camping, even if it is just them and I, so I sold the pup and purchased a new tent, air mattress (boy have they come a long way in 10 years!) stove, cookware, etc. so I could take them whenever we wanted to go. So that is the reasoning for me. I am thrilled AND still comfortable at night with my double high Coleman air mattress!
            Well, that makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
              I'm just amazed at the stories of so many women just packing up and heading outdoors - either by themselves or with the kids.
              Isn't it great?!? We've come a long way baby!
              I 'need' an Ipad to take with me camping!

Comment

Originally posted by campnewbie View Post
                Isn't it great?!? We've come a long way baby!
                So true

Comment

Working...
                X