What tent do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tent do you use?

For weeks and weeks, I have been researching tents. Still undecided, I will take this to the experts. What tent do you use?

My fiancee and I both tent camped growing up and wish to start again. Trying to stay under 130.00 till we decide if this is what we want to do. Coleman is very tempting, then I saw some nice Field and Stream. Can't decide.

Thanks for the help! :cool:

Re: What tent do you use?

I use a Eureka Bitterroot 11' X 11' dome tent. I purchased it from Amazon.com for $194.00.

Comment

We use a Coleman Instant 8 tent. We purchased it last year on the Coleman site for $199.
      "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
      ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

I'm a soloist and I use the MEC Tarn 2 at the moment.

Comment

We have a trusty Ridgeway by Kelty tent from 1999 that is still going strong. Not sure if it was made by Kelty or the new manufacturer but we are very happy with the quality. I've read some poor reviews on R by K but we've had no problems with ours. We recently took it out of storage for a recent family trip as it was in storage for over 10 years everything was intact.

The hubby is eyeing the Coleman Instant 8.

surmisez: Is the tent as easy to put up as they claim? We are very tempted to get one since we will be camping more now as a family.

Comment

Originally posted by ceomom703 View Post
            We have a trusty Ridgeway by Kelty tent from 1999 that is still going strong. Not sure if it was made by Kelty or the new manufacturer but we are very happy with the quality. I've read some poor reviews on R by K but we've had no problems with ours. We recently took it out of storage for a recent family trip as it was in storage for over 10 years everything was intact.

The hubby is eyeing the Coleman Instant 8.

surmisez: Is the tent as easy to put up as they claim? We are very tempted to get one since we will be camping more now as a family.
            The Instant 8 tent goes up ridiculously fast. It's really great! I have read some reviews where folks broke poles, but I think that's due to them not taking care with it.

To us, $199 is a lot of money, therefore we take care when we're erecting and dismantling the tent. It still goes fast, but one of the poles doesn't slide easy, so we're not using undue force to make it move. We slow down and coax it.

We have discussed using some sort of lubricant (i.e. WD-40?) on the pole that sticks, but we always forget. It's not that big of a deal, and even with that issue, the tent still goes up wicked fast.
            "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
            ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

I use Coleman. I have several. All have performed OK for me.

Comment

I am new to camping and did a lot of research on tents - to the point that I was terribly confused so I came here to the forum to ask advice. Originally, I bought a 4 person REI dome. It's a great tent but I wanted something a little bigger. I ended up buying an 8 person dome Ozark Trail for $80 on sale. I put it up in my backyard and even slept in it a few nights. It is perfect for me. I can put it up myself, it seems sturdy enough and is roomy enough for a sleeping and a sitting area. It certainly won't last many seasons but it gives me some perspective on what I really want to sink my dollars into when the time is right.
                I 'need' an Ipad to take with me camping!

Comment

We use a The North Face Boulder 33 tent for camping

And a Coleman Cobra for backpacking
                  Beau

Gourmet Cooking * Travel * 4WD

Comment

We use the Coleman Elite Weathermaster 6. We haven't had it in rain yet we so we can't vouch for its "Weathermaster" claim yet. But we love it.

Comment

I have a Eureka Timberline 4 and 6 man tent. I use the 4 man tent when I go offr oading and will be moving to a new camp each day and I use the Timberline 6 when I base camp, however I just purchased the Cabelas Alaskan Guide 6 man tent to replace the Timberline 6 because it does not do to well in the wind. The tent has never failed or blown over but this last Memorial day i had my 6th tent pole get bent due to wind and decided I need something else. I should receive the Cabelas tent this Monday and plan on taking it on Vacation starting Aug 1st.

Comment

I use this one Click image for larger version

Name:	1_B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	69362 before i had aold army half shelter . been in the new one a few years . coldest ive used it in - 17 had to put a tarp over it still nice and warm . sleep like baby

Comment

I am New to the forume we just got an Ozark 4 man tent from Walmart on sale 38.99 my Daughter and I and my 6 year old grandson will be doing some yard camping,till we get good at seting up we live put in the boonies,pleanty of woods and wildlife havent used it yet we Plan to try it out this comming Tues)

Comment

We have 3- Eight Person Northwest territory Tents. We love, love love them ! Got them from a yard sale last year, only paid $150 for the tents and some other gear.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Indian Lake 2010 053.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	69367

Comment

WOW thats nice you got a good deal on them,One day we will get bigger ones We have just started I camped alot with my fam soooooooooooo many years ago as a kid,my better halfs not much into it,I and my daughters with their kids are just starting to get back into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X